An American actress and singer, Zooey Deschanel rose to prominence after appearing in Cameron Crowe’s film Almost Famous in 2000. Her role as Jessica Day in the show, New Girl made her receive nominations for a Primetime Emmy Award and three Golden Globe Awards. Her hit movies are The New Guy, Elf, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Failure to Launch, Yes Man, 500 Days of Summer, and Our Idiot Brother.
Early Life of Zooey Deschanel
Zooey Deschanel was born Zooey Claire Deschanel on January 17, 1980, in Los Angeles, California, United States. She is 43 years old as of 2023. Her sun sign is Capricorn. Deschanel celebrates her birthday on the 17th of January every year. She is the daughter of Mary Jo Deschanel (mother) and Caleb Deschanel (father). Her father is a cinematographer and director and her mother works as an actress.
She has a sister named Emily Deschanel who is an actress. Her paternal grandparents are Paul Jules Deschanel and Ann Ward Orr while Donald Lamar Weir and Elizabeth Ellen Manchester are her maternal grandparents. She holds American citizenship and follows Judaism as a religion. Zooey belongs to mixed ethnicity (French, English, German, Irish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Swiss, Dutch, Cornish). She was born a Roman Catholicism but changed her religion to Judaism.
Zooey Deschanel’s Education
Zooey studied at Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences. She joined the French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts. She dropped out after studying for 9 months at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
Zooey Deschanel and Jonathan Scott Are Engaged
She is engaged to a tv personality, Jonathan Scott. The duo met while filming for Carpool Karaoke in September 2019. Zooey and Jonathan made their relationship official via Instagram on October 20, 2019. They also appeared together in the show, Dancing With the Stars.
In November 2020, they were rumored to engage but they officially engaged on August 13, 2023. Jonathan proposed to Zooey in Scotland in the presence of her two children with a ring made of pink and purple stones in a flower pattern. The ring’s worth is more than half a million.
Her Failed Marriages
She was previously married twice. First, she tied the wedding knot to musician Ben Gibbard on September 19, 2009, in Seattle, Washington. They met via mutual friends. After dating for some years, they engaged in December 2008. They filed for divorce on December 27, 2011, stating irreconcilable differences. They officially divorced on December 12, 2012.
Zooey then married Jacob Pechenik, a film producer. The duo met at the set of Rock the Kasbah and started dating. They made their relationship official by appearing in Venice Beach, California, on August 10, 2014. They engaged secretly and announced it on January 2015. Later, they married on June 2015 but separated on January 8, 2019. They filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences on June 1, 2019.
Her Past Relationships
She was rumored with Dhani Harrison and Mickey Madden. Zooey also encountered Chris Kattan. She dated Matthew Davis from 2000 to 2001. She was linked to an American actor and musician, Hunter Burgan from 2003 to 2005.
In June 2012, she dated Jamie Linden, a screenwriter. They broke up in August 2014. She was only 19 years old when she dated an actor, Jason Schwartzman. They dated in 2003 but only after two years they separated.
Zooey Deschanel, Mother of Two
She shares two children with her ex-husband, Jacob. They welcomed Elsie Otter in July 2015. Their second child, Charlie Otter was born in May 2017. She is sharing joint custody of her children with her ex-husband.
Zooey Deschanel’s Net Worth & Other Assets
As of 2023, Zooey has an estimated net worth of around $25 million which she earned from her professional career. Her average salary is $125k per episode.
She is endorsed by brands including Pantene, Macy’s, and Apple. She owns a house for $4.6 million in Manhattan Beach, California. Zooey sold it at $4.7 million in 2019. She owns cars like Tesla Model S, Audi A6, Jeep Wrangler, BMW X5, Range Rover Vogue, and Dodge Durango.
Her Struggle With ADHD
She is suffering from ADHD. Zooey revealed that she is suffering secretly from it via her blog, HelloGiggles in 2011. She said that she loves to do a craft while struggling with ADHD and she struggles to open a paragraph. Zooey also mentioned that she is struggling to focus and losing patience.
Professional Career of Zooey Deschanel
- She started acting by playing in the movie, Mumford along with Hope Davis, Jason Lee, Alfre Woodard, and Mary McDonnell in 1999.
- Zooey played in the music video titled, She’s Got Issues on September 27, 1999.
- As a model, she worked for Chanel and Clements Ribeiro in 2005.
- She played the role of Anita Miller in the movie, Almost Famous in 2000.
- In 2003, she landed the role of the main lead Noel in the drama, All the Real Girls.
- She shared the big screen with Will Ferrell in the movie, Winter Passing in 2005.
- She appeared as the host of Saturday Night Live on February 11, 2012.
- Zooey and Michael Bolton hosted the ABC television series The Celebrity Dating Game.
- She released her song, Slowly and Ask Her to Dance with Coconut Records in March 2007.
- Also, she is an active supporter of foundations like the Alliance For Children’s Rights, Alzheimer’s Association, and Baby2Baby.
Movies & TV Shows
She is popular for her role in movies like New Girl, (500) Days of Summer, Yes Man, Elf, Bridge to Terabithia, The Happening, and many more. She appeared in tv shows like New Girl, Hannah Simone, Physical, Carpool Karaoke: The Series, What Am I Eating?, Tin Man, etc.
Songs & Albums
She sang hit songs like Baby, It’s Cold Outside, She, Classics, I’m Coming Out / Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems, Hello, Everything Is Honey, Can’t Stop the Feeling!, and so on. Her hit albums are Melt Away: A Tribute to Brian Wilson, A Very She & Him Christmas, Volume Two, etc.
Awards & Nominations
- She received nominations for awards at Mar del Plata International Film Festival, Independent Spirit Awards, Satellite Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Grammy Awards, Primetime Emmy Awards, and People’s Choice Awards.
- In 2017, she won Annie Award for Best Voice Acting for the movie, Trolls.
- She received Critics’ Choice Television Award in the criteria of Best Actress in a Comedy Series in 2012.
- She won the nomination for Best Actress at the Mar del Plata International Film Festival for All the Real Girls in 2003.
FAQs of Zooey Deschanel
How tall is Zooey Deschanel?
Zooey stands at the height of 5 feet 6 inches and has a body weight of 55 kg. Her total body measurement is 34-24-35 inches. Zooey has an alluring pair of blue eyes and beautiful long dark brown hair. Her shoe size is 8 (US) and her dress size is 4 (US).
What website does Zooey Deschanel own?
She owns a website named HelloGiggles.com. Zooey launched this website along with producer Sophia Rivka Rossi and writer Molly McAleer in May 2011.
Are Katy Perry and Zooey Deschanel friends?
Yes, Katy Perry and Zooey are friends. They also look alike and have also live-streamed together.
Did Zooey Deschanel witness a car accident?
Yes, Zooey witnessed a car accident. She revealed that it was a very awful accident and reminded her viewers to drive safely.
Do Zooey Deschanel and Jake Johnson get along?
Yes, Zooey and Jake Johnson get along. They are friends and sometimes text each other funny jokes.
Is Zooey Deschanel vegan?
No, Zooey is not vegan anymore. She became vegan in 2010 but as of now, she isn’t vegan.
- Alicia Roman (NBC 5) Wiki Biography, nationality, kids, husband, salary
- Is Miguel Leon Tyson, Mike Tyson’s Real son?
- Emily Elizabeth In Bedroom Bikini Is ‘The Perfect Woman’
- Republican Debate Viewership Dips: Second Event Draws Only 9.5 Million Audience | Wayne Dupree
- Meet Helen Willink, Ex-SEAL Jocko Willink’s Wife