“Logan” is, in many ways, the perfect way to say goodbye to Hugh Jackman’s time as Wolverine in the “X-Men” franchise. And while it’s now been confirmed that Jackman will reprise the role in “Deadpool 3,” he’s also confirmed that the events of “Logan” remain intact in franchise canon. As much a tragic western as it is a superhero movie, “Logan” deals with all the dilemmas that arise when a seemingly unkillable mutant like Wolverine begins to age, facing the prospect of his own mortality even if he does. desperately doing what he can to make the world just a little bit safer for his kind.
Donald Pierce, played by Boyd Holbrook, opposes it. Revealed to be a cyborg, he is also the leader of the Reavers, a criminal cybernetic gang that tries to capture the young mutants that Logan tries to save. Director James Mangold praised Holbrook’s performance of a villain who could easily have been played over the top, even campy. Mangold wanted something more naturalistic, and it looks like Holbrook provided it.
“Boyd Holbrook is just a fabulous actor,” Mangold told Digital Spy in 2017. “I wanted this movie to feel intimate and real and truthful, and I really wanted to break away from the kind of bloated feeling that lots of comic book movies.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth