As food and gas prices inch up, the cost of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has also increased this year.
In 2022, a star on the Los Angeles landmark carried a $55,000 sponsorship fee. At the beginning of 2023, the price climbed to $75,000.
“As everything has gone up, so did the sponsorship [cost],” longtime Walk of Fame producer Ana Martinez recently told Urban Hollywood 411.
“All of our vendors, city permits, etc., have gone up and as a non-profit, the prices had to go up,” Martinez added.
Related Story: Here’s Who Will Get a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2024
The sponsorship fee covers the creation and installation of the star, as well as maintenance and repairs. Some of the money is also used to cover the free dedication ceremonies held on the sidewalk in front of excited fans.
The Walk of Fame is located on Hollywood Blvd from Gower to La Brea and on Vine Street from Sunset to Yucca.
Anyone can nominate a celebrity to receive a star, as long as they get the nominee’s permission in writing. Although record labels, TV networks, movie studios, and fan clubs usually nominate the individuals and pay the sponsorship fees, according to Martinez.
There are currently more than 2700 stars on the Walk of Fame. On Aug. 8, Tony Award-winning singer and actress Melba Moore was honored with the 2,760th star. After the dedication ceremony, Moore revealed in a post on social media that comedian Katt Williams was the “sole sponsor” of her star.
A total of 31 new names will be added to the landmark in 2024, including Toni Braxton, Dr. Dre, Kerry Washington, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Brandy Norwood, Carl Weathers, radio personality Angie Martinez, and the late Chadwick Boseman.
The recipients were selected from the fields of film, television, music, live theater, radio, and sports entertainment. The sports category was added earlier this year, with Michael Strahan honored as the first recipient in January.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing