While Eminem has found unprecedented success as a rap artist, his personal life has always been a source of constant trouble. Raised by a single mother, Eminem faced his fair share of hardships during his early years. While he went on to achieve massive success in the music industry, his personal life stayed the same. Eminem was married to Kim Mathers, who had an upbringing similar to Eminem, if not worse. The pair married but had a rocky relationship, which led to a divorce. In this article, we will take a closer look at the wiki-bio of Kim Mathers.
Kim Mathers, also known as Kim Scott, is an American author and illustrator of children’s books. She is best known as the ex-wife of rapper Eminem.
Kimberly Anne Scott was born on the 9th of January, 1975, to Casimer Sluck and Kathleen Sluck. Kimberly faced abuse from a young age as her father, who was an alcoholic, would often beat her and her younger sister, Dawn. As a result, Kimberly’s parents divorced and her mother got married to another man. But to Kimberly’s dismay, her stepfather was just as worse as her father. Around the same time, Kimberly was studying at Lincoln High School alongside her sister. She met Eminem during her time in high school, who went by the name of Marshal Bruce Mathers III.
Moving in with Eminem:
Kim and Eminem first met in 1988 at a house party in Detroit, when Eminem was rapping LL Cool J’s I’m Bad, shitless while standing on the table. The pair got acquainted soon after and when things got bad with her stepfather, Kim and Dawn decided to move in with Eminem and his mother. Kim and Eminem graduated high school, and Kim got pregnant in 1995. She gave birth to Hailie Mathers on December 25, 1995.
Down the rabbit hole:
Kim Mathers and Eminem’s relationship has been a roller-coaster of love, hate, marriage, divorce, and drama. With the birth of their daughter, things started to get ugly between Eminem and Kim. The pair broke up in 1996 but reconciled in 1998. Kim and Eminem got married for the first time in 1999, the same year Eminem released his breakthrough album The Slim Shady LP. The album contained songs that depicted Kim in a negative and violent way, such as “97 Bonnie & Clyde.” At a later date, Kim was seen kissing the nightclub bouncer, John Guerrera. Raged by antics, Eminem attacked Gurrera and was charged with assault and possession of a concealed weapon. Eminem received probation of two years and later released his hit single, Kim.
On the 7th of July 2000, Kim and Dawn attended one of Eminem’s concerts for the Up in Smoke Tour. Before the concert, Kim mentioned that Eminem had promised her he would not play the song, Kim. But contrary to his supposed promise, Eminem played the song and even abused a blow-up doll meant to represent Kim.
Following this incident, Kim left the concert and was involved in a car accident. When she was taken back to their home in Detroit, Kim sliced her wrists in an attempt to take her own life. Following the suicide attempt, Eminem filed for Divorce and Kim sued him for defamation. However, the pair reconciled in December of 2000 and called off their divorce. The reconciliation lasted for a total of 1 year and the pair got divorced on October 11, 2001. They had a bitter custody battle over Hailie. Eminem continued to rap about Kim in his songs, such as “The Way I Am” and “Cleanin’ Out My Closet”.
Second marriage with Eminem and Divorce:
On July 8, 2001, Kim was arrested for drug abuse and driving under influence. In 2002, Kim gave birth to Whitney with Eric Hartter. Kim and Eminem got back together in 2004 and decided to re-marry in 2005. The couple said their vows on January 14, 2006, but filed for divorce on April 6, 2006.
Following the divorce, Kim and Eminem decided to share the custody of Hailie. On the other hand, Eminem was awarded full custody of Whitney and Alaina. Alaina is the daughter of Dawn, who passed away on January 19, 2016, due to a Heroin overdose.
Kim and Eminem have not been romantically involved since their second divorce. They have both dated other people and focused on their careers and personal lives.
Kim Mathers has four children. They are:
- Hailie Jade Scott Mathers was born on December 25, 1995. She is the only biological child of Kim and Eminem. She graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in psychology and entrepreneurship. She is also a social media influencer and a podcast host. She is engaged to Evan McClintock, whom she met in college.
- Alaina Marie Mathers was born on May 3, 1993. She is the daughter of Kim’s twin sister Dawn Scott, who died of a drug overdose in 2016. Eminem adopted Alaina in 2002 and raised her as his own daughter. She graduated from the University of Oakland with a degree in public relations. She is also active on social media and often posts pictures with her sisters.
- Whitney Scott Mathers was born on April 16, 2002. She is the daughter of Kim and her ex-boyfriend Eric Hartter, who was a tattoo artist and a drug dealer. He died of a drug overdose in 2019. Eminem adopted Whitney and raised her as his own daughter.
- Parker Scott is the son of Kim and an unknown father. He is currently a high school student and lives with Kim in rural Michigan.
Career & Net Worth:
Kim Mathers does not have a very prominent career in the public eye. She is mainly known for being the ex-wife of Eminem, a famous rapper and actor. However, she has also worked as an author and illustrator of children’s books and puzzles. She has also done freelance work online in the past. She has not revealed much about her current projects or income, but she has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million. She has also received financial support from Eminem in the past.
Social Media Presence:
Kim Mathers does not have an official presence on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and TikTok. She seems to be very private and does not like to share her personal life with the public.
Kim Mathers is a 48-year-old woman with some of her physical traits are:
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches (177 cm)
- Weight: Around 68 kg (150 lbs)
- Body Measurements: 36-27-37 (Bust: 36 Inches, Waist: 27 Inches, Hips: 37 Inches)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
A quick write on her ex-husband, Eminem:
Eminem (real name Marshall Bruce Mathers III) is an American rapper, songwriter, and actor, born on October 17, 1972, in St. Joseph, Missouri, but raised in Detroit, Michigan.
Eminem had a difficult childhood, growing up in poverty and dealing with personal and family issues. He struggled with bullying, drug addiction, and the absence of his father. Music became a form of escape for him, and he started performing as a rapper in local clubs.
In 1996, Eminem released his debut album, “Infinite,” which didn’t receive much attention. He gained critical and commercial success with his second album, “The Slim Shady LP,” released in 1999. The album won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Album and included hit singles such as “My Name Is” and “Guilty Conscience.”
Eminem’s subsequent albums, including “The Marshall Mathers LP,” “The Eminem Show,” and “Encore,” continued to dominate the charts and establish him as one of the best-selling rappers of all time. He has sold over 150 million records worldwide and has won numerous awards, including 15 Grammy Awards.
Aside from his music career, Eminem has also acted in films such as “8 Mile,” for which he won an Academy Award for Best Original Song for “Lose Yourself.” He has also been involved in various controversies throughout his career, including criticism for his use of homophobic and misogynistic language in his lyrics.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree