Politics Girl goes on a rant that people who are tempted to break out of a red state because it’s getting intolerable shouldn’t budge at all. Instead, she encourages people to stay and fight, adding that if they do, they will win and they will recover their condition. All in all, it’s a pretty good rant. However, there is a point where I think she missed the mark.
One, if your life or the life of a loved one is in danger, you should get out of there. DeSatanist just signed a law saying the state can come and take your trans child away from you. And a depressing number of states deny health care to children. Yes, trans kids, but they’re still kids, damn it. You can fight from another state, but you cannot fight if you are dead.
But she won my heart with the Wisconsin reference. I know she only refers to the last election, but I still remember when hundreds of thousands of angry badgers marched in 2011 as Scott Walker and the Republicans tried to silence us. It’s taken us a long time to get to where we are – and we still have a long way to go – but we never gave up and we never will.
Open the thread below…
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth