Wayne Brady is an American actor and singer who is known for appearing in the television series, Whose Line Is It Anyway? In 2017, he appeared in Khalid’s music video, Young Dumb & Broke as Janitor.
He also hosted talk shows like The Wayne Brady Show, Don’t Forget the Lyrics!, and Let’s Make a Deal. He played in hit movies like 1982, Todrick Hall: Straight Outta Oz, and Veggie Tales: Noah’s Ark.
Early Life of Wayne Brady
Wayne Brady was born Wayne Alphonso Brady on June 2, 1972, in Columbus, Georgia, in the United States of America. As of 2023, he is 51 years old. His zodiac sign is Gemini and celebrates his birthday every year on the 2nd of June. He is the son of Linda Marie Newton (mother) and Wayne Brady (father). His father worked as an army drill sergeant.
He has a sister named Kim Brady. His paternal grandmother is Valerie Dorsett Dorset. Wayne holds American citizenship and belongs to the African-Caribbean [Virgin Islander, some Kittian] ethnicity. He follows the Christianity religion. Wayne graduated from Dr. Phillips High School in 1989. He also studied at the University of Miami in 1990.
Wayne Brady Comes Out as Pansexual
Wayne is a pansexual and came out in 2023. He is single but previously, he was married to two different women. He was first married to Diana Lasso on December 31, 1993. They lived as a married couple for two years and officially divorced on September 21, 1995.
His second wife is dancer Mandie Taketa. They met at a musical revue in Oahu, Hawaii, and dated right after the show. They married on April 5, 1999, but Mandie filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences in June 2007. He was also rumored with Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas from 2013 to 2014.
Wayne Brady, Father of a Daughter
He is the father of a daughter named Maile Masako Brady. Wayne welcomed Maile with his second wife, Mandie on February 3, 2003. Wayne shares joint custody of his daughter with her.
Wayne Brady’s Net Worth & Earnings
Wayne a famous American television personality, comedian, actor, and singer has earned a net worth of $12 million as of 2023. He earns an average annual salary of $1.7 million. He received $400k from How I Met Your Mother and earned $30k per episode. Wayne earned $2 million from Don’t Forget the Lyrics and as a host of Vinyl Justice, he earned $5 million.
He has an endorsement of brands like Church’s Chicken, Bud Light, McDonald’s, and Avaya. He paid $2.5 million for a 4,200-square-foot Sherman Oaks home. Later, he listed for sale at $3 million in November 2017. Then, he bought a three-bedroom condo in Pacific Palisades for $1.75 million.
Wayne Brady Opens Up About His Depression
Wayne used to stutter in his childhood which made other children bully him. Due to his stuttering nature, he suffered from an anxiety disorder. He suffered from mental health and only received the treatment in his 40s and secretly fight the depression for more than a year. He battled depression with the support of his daughter and ex-wife.
His Fued With Bill Maher
Bill compared Wayne with Barack Obama and said Obama was more like Suge Knight than a comedian in 2010. When he responded to the statement, Bill addressed him as an aggressive black man. Brady also shared that he wanted to slap Bill at Aisha Tyler’s podcast “Girl on Guy” in 2012.
Professional Career of Wayne Brady
- Brady started his tv career by appearing on the sketch comedy competition Kwik Witz from 1996 to 1999.
- He performed with Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, and Clive Anderson in the show, Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- He made his own show, The Wayne Brady Show in 2001.
- He also appeared in the show named The Drew Carey Show, Drew Live, and Drew Live II.
- He released his debut album, A Long Time Coming on September 16, 2008.
- In 2011, he released his album, Radio Wayne.
- He appeared in the music video for the song, The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon in 2008.
- In 2013, he released songs titled, Whistle While I Work It and Flirtin’ With Forever in 2019.
Movies & TV Shows
He played in movies like Clifford’s Really Big Movie, Stuart Little 3: Call of the Wild, and Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright, Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe, and many more. He appeared in tv shows like Whose Line Is It Anyway? The Wayne Brady Show, Don’t Forget the Lyrics!, and Let’s Make a Deal Whose Line Is It Anyway?, and Let’s Make a Deal.
Songs & Albums
He released albums like A Long Time Coming and Radio Wayne. His hit song is Unsung Heroes, Beautiful, Don’t Stop, The Weekenders, Ordinary, Flirtin’ With Forever, Whistle While I Work it, and many more.
Awards & Nominations
- He was nominated at Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program, Whose Line Is It Anyway? in 2001.
- Wayne won the nomination for Outstanding Talk Show Host The Wayne Brady Show at Daytime Emmy Awards.
- In 2009, he was nominated at Grammy Awards in the criteria of Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance, A Change Is Gonna Come.
FAQs of Wayne Brady
How tall is Wayne Brady?
Wayne has a tall height of 5 feet 9 inches and a body weight of 65 kg. His body measurement is 44-32-38 inches respectively. His hair and eye are black in color.
Is Wayne Brady addicted to Video Games?
Yes, Wayne is addicted to video games. He often plays video games in his dressing room and addressed his video game addiction in a healthy way.
Is Wayne Brady a Philanthropist?
Yes, he is a philanthropist. He is also involved with organizations like UNICEF, Comic Relief, and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Did Wayne Brady date Aisha?
No, Wayne didn’t date Aisha. They didn’t date each other in their lifetime.
Why was Wayne Brady raised by his grandmother?
Yes, Wayne’s grandmother raises him. His mother was only 17 when she gave birth to Wayne and his father didn’t want him to inherit his military career, so his parents left him with his grandmother.
Does Wayne Brady have a tattoo?
No, Wayne doesn’t has any tattoos. He has carved faked tattoos for his music videos and movie but didn’t ink them permanently.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing