The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday released a provisional list of reserved seats for mayors of municipal corporations and chairpersons of municipal councils and nagar panchayats for the three-tier city elections.
“The draft notification has been published for the reserved seats. Objections were requested on the list of reserved seats within seven days,” Urban Development Minister AK Sharma told reporters in Lucknow. The list was released for seats reserved for mayors of 17 municipalities and chairmen of municipal councils and nagar panchayats. The government asked for objections to the project within seven days, until April 6.
The state cabinet had approved an order amending the Uttar Pradesh Municipal Corporation Act and the Nagar Palika Act on Wednesday, and it was sent to Governor Anandiben Patel for his approval.
The seat of Mayor of Agra has been reserved for SC (female), Jhansi for SC, Shahjahanpur and Firozabad OBC (women), Saharanpur and Meerut for OBC, and Lucknow, Kanpur and Ghaziabad for women, according to the draft notification.
Eight mayoral seats from Varanasi, Prayagraj, Aligarh, Bareilly, Moradabad, Gorakhpur, Ayodhya and Mathura-Vrindavan will not be reserved, the minister said.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree