A 38-year-old Uber driver, a Marine Iraq war veteran and father of two, was fatally shot after a fight with two passengers early Friday at a 7-Eleven parking lot in Southern California.
Family members identified the victim as Aaron Orozco, who served three tours in Iraq and was stationed at Camp Pendleton from 2001 to 2005, according to a GoFundMe page. The page said he leaves behind his wife, a 9-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter.
“I haven’t even told my kids about it. They do not know anything. They still think he’s going to walk through the door,” Orozco’s wife told Fox station KTTV.
Uber and 7-Eleven released statements.
“This is a terrible tragedy, and our hearts are with the loved ones of the victim at this time. We are gathering information and working with local law enforcement,” 7-Eleven said.
Uber said the company banned the driver’s account and was working with police on their investigation.
“Our hearts are with the family of Mr. Orozco Figueroa as they face this unfathomable tragedy, and we have reached out to offer our condolences,” the statement read.
Authorities have not officially identified the driver, but in a press release officials said he was shot in the chest when one of his passengers drew a gun during a fight in a 7-Eleven parking lot in the suburb of Lynwood around 1:30 a.m. Friday.
The passengers fled. The Uber driver’s car was found abandoned nearby.
There was no immediate word about any arrests.
Do you have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree