As Schiano continued to drive, his automobile caught fire and burst into flames after hitting a pole less than a mile away, according to Newton. According to Syracuse.com, Schiano was taken to the hospital but did not sustain any significant injuries. Additionally, Newton said that although he knew he had hit something or someone before the collision, he did not report it to authorities. According to Syracuse.com, a citizen called 911 around 5 a.m. to report finding an unconscious woman on the Oswego four-lane highway.
Investigators found that Faltisco spent a few hours in bars with Schiano, whom she worked with at a Clay restaurant, before declining his offer to drive her home because he was drunk. Her family is “currently living through a nightmare, preparing to bury their beloved daughter and sister,” according to a GoFundMe page. Second-degree manslaughter, manslaughter while driving a vehicle and fleeing the scene of a tragic accident are the three crimes to which Schiano pleaded not guilty on Friday. According to CNN, he could spend up to 29 years in prison if convicted of all three offences. Instead of a $250,000 cash bond or $500,000 bond, he is being held at the Onondaga County Justice Center, according to Newton.
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’