If you are considering working in Canada, finding a reputable company is crucial.
The Globe and Mail’s Best Workplaces in Canada report provides valuable insight into some of the country’s most trusted brands and companies.
Working in Canada for Foreigners: Top Companies Hiring in 2023
This report is based on feedback from over 500,000 Canadian employees, with the latest edition showing that 87% of employees enjoy working for these companies.
Top industries to work in Canada in 2023
Canada has a strong demand for skilled foreign workers in various industries. In recent years, the following sectors have seen a significant increase in demand for foreign talent:
- Health care
Many of the best companies to work for are located in provinces known for job opportunities, such as Toronto, Nova Scotia, and British Columbia. However, there are also opportunities for foreigners in other provinces.
Best companies in Canada in 2023
Here are the top 10 companies in Canada with more than 1,000 employees, according to The Globe and Mail’s Best Workplaces in Canada 2022 report:
- NVidia – Information Technology
- SAP Canada – Information Technology/Software
- Salesforce – Information Technology/Software
- Admiral Insurance – Financial services and auto insurance
- Cisco Systems Canada Co. – Information Technology/Software
- Intuit Canada – Information Technology/Software
- Hilton – Hospitality/Hotel/Resort
- FedEx Express Canada – Shipping/Package Shipping
- RBC – Financial Services and Insurance/Banking/Credit Services
- Traction on Demand – Information Technology / IT Consulting
How to apply to work in Canada
To work in Canada, follow these steps:
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Find out if you are eligible for Canadian permanent residence (PR) or a work visa. Consider these top programs:
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- PNP technical pilots
- Atlantic Immigration Program
- Home support and child care programs
Step 2: Apply for a work visa
As a foreign national, you must apply for a Canadian work permit, which is issued by the government. There are two types of work permits: the open work permit and the employer-specific work permit.
- Open work permit: allows you to work with any employer, with some exceptions.
- Employer-specific work permit: Allows you to work for a specific employer in one location for a specified period.
Before applying for an employer-specific work permit, your employer must provide the necessary documents.
Step 3: Gather your supporting documents
Gather the required documents to support your application, whether it is for a permanent residence or a work visa. Submit them as instructed.
Step 4: Submit your application online
It is recommended to apply online for more efficiency and speed. Make sure your application is complete to avoid returns or delays.
Benefits of working in Canada
Working in Canada offers several advantages, including:
- Paid leave: Canadians enjoy a favorable work-life balance with a minimum of 14 days off per year. Expectant parents can have up to 40 weeks of paid leave.
- Job Opportunities: Canada offers many job opportunities, with low unemployment and continued job growth.
- Excellent Salaries: The average salary in Canada is around $59,059 per year, with various high-paying professions such as pharmacists, software engineers, lawyers, project engineers, and doctors.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth