The Upshaws will be back soon with new episodes.
Netflix announced on Thursday that the comedy series has been renewed for Part 4 (the second half of Season 3), with new episodes slated for August.
The announcement included a video featuring Kim Fields telling the rest of the cast that their work would continue.
“We have new episodes!” she tells everyone.
Related story: Tyler Perry and Kelly Rowland team up for new Netflix movie ‘Mea Culpa’
The family comedy premiered in 2021.
It follows Mike Epps as Bernard “Bennie” Upshaw, the head of a black working-class family in Indianapolis. The well-meaning mechanic and lifelong mess does his best to step up and take care of his family — his wife Regina (Kim Fields), their two young daughters (Khali Spraggins, Journey Christine), their eldest son (Jermelle Simon ) and the teenage son (Diamond Lyons) he fathered with another woman (Gabrielle Dennis). Bernie also has to deal with his annoying sister-in-law Lucretia (Wanda Sykes), all with no plan for success. But the Upshaws are determined to make it work and take it to the next level, together.
Part 3 of the series debuted in February this year.
The multi-camera comedy was created by Regina Hicks and Wanda Sykes, with the two serving as co-showrunners.
The series is produced by Sykes, Hicks, Mike Epps, Page Hurwitz, Niles Kirchner, Annie Levine and Jon Emerson.
The Upshaws Part 4 premieres August 17 on Netflix.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth