Police confirmed that an armed individual was inside the Palm Desert Target store, prompting a temporary evacuation of the premises.
The incident was reported at 12:50 p.m. According to a spokesperson for the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, a physical altercation occurred between people inside the store and one of the parties was in possession of a handgun.
Many local residents contacted the newsroom to report that shoppers quickly left the store before police arrived.
Out of an abundance of caution, law enforcement officials evacuated the business and searched for potential victims or additional suspects, but none were found.
A firearm was discovered inside the store and authorities apprehended the suspect.
No further information regarding the identity of the suspect has been released at this time.
At this time, there are no suspects at large and no injuries have been reported.
A FOX3 crew confirmed at the scene that shoppers were allowed into the store around 2:50 p.m.
Three sheriff’s department units remained outside the store for a brief period but left at 3:05 p.m. The store’s address is 72549 Highway 111.
This is a developing story that will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree