Early planning for a fourth Spider Man The film starring Tom Holland has been put on hiatus amid the ongoing Writers Guild of America strike.
Holland, who plays the webslinger alongside Zendaya as GM, shared this update when asked about his potential return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Thursday night at the New York premiere of his new Apple TV+ miniseries The crowded roomsaid holland Variety he “had meetings” with Marvel execs.
“I can’t talk about it, but I can say that we had meetings. We have suspended meetings in solidarity with the writers,” Holland said.
“There have been several conversations, but at this point it’s very, very early,” he added.
Related story: Police move to stop ‘relentless’ honking of striking writers
Holland appeared in the trilogy Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019), and Spider-Man: No Coming Home (2021).
The fourth potential Spider Man the film is among a growing number of films and TV shows that have been suspended since the strike began on May 2, due to salary increases, residuals, the number of writers assigned to projects individual and the limitation of the use of artificial intelligence in the scenario by writing.
Last week, former President Barack Obama called on studios and streaming services to give writers a “fair share”.
“The thing is, they wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for the writers creating the stories that matter,” Obama said of the studios. “I’m very supportive of the writers’ strike and hope they get a fair share of the fruits of their labor.”
Regarding the Spider Man franchise, the animated sequel Spider-Man: Through the Spider-Verse just arrived in theaters this weekend. The voice cast includes Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Vélez, Jake Johnson, Jason Schwartzman, Issa Rae, Daniel Kaluuya and Oscar Isaac.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing