The Punjab Police Special Task Force (STF) on Tuesday arrested an accused wanted with a Chinese-made drone, 1.6 kg of heroin, a pistol and a rifle.
The accused has been identified as Lakbhir Singh alias Lakha.
“An operation has been launched in which we have arrested a wanted accused named Lakbhir Singh alias Lakha. A Chinese-made drone, 1.6 kg of heroin, a pistol and a rifle were found in his possession,” said Snehdeep Sharma, AIG, STF, Amritsar.
“During the interrogation of the defendant, he revealed that he had been dealing in drugs and arms for a long time and revealed his contacts with Pakistani smugglers,” Mr Sharma said.
According to Amritsar AIG, the drone was used to transport goods from Pakistan.
Further investigation is underway.
Earlier on Monday, Border Security Force (BSF) troops shot down a Pakistani drone carrying narcotics along the international border in Amritsar, Punjab, a BSF official said.
The official said two packages suspected of being heroin were seized during the search.
“BSF shot down a Pakistani drone carrying narcotics near the international border at Amritsar in Punjab. BSF 144 Corps troops conducted an operation in the BOP Rajatal area in which a drone was shot down. 2 packages suspected of being heroin were seized,” said Ajay Kumar Mishra, BSF Commander, Amritsar.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree