An actress, director, and producer, Sofia Coppola became the media spotlight after working as an infant in the film, The Godfather in 1972. Sofia appeared as Mary Corleone in the sequel The Godfather Part III in 1990. She directed hit movies and shows like Marie Antoinette, Somewhere, The Bling Ring, and The Beguiled. She won the Primetime Emmy Award for her musical, A Very Murray Christmas in 2015.
Early Life of Sofia Coppola
Sofia Coppola was born Sofia Carmina Coppola on May 14, 1971, in New York, New York, United States. She is 52 years old as of 2023 and her horoscope is Taurus. She celebrated her birthday every year on the 14th of May. Sofia was born as the daughter of Eleanor Coppola (mother) and Francis Ford Coppola (father). Her mother is a documentarian and her father worked as a filmmaker.
She spent her childhood with Roman Coppola and Gian-Carlo Coppola. Both of her brothers are film producers and actors. Her paternal grandparents are Carmine Coppola and Italia Pennino while Clifford Albert Neil and Delphine Carolyn Lougheed are her maternal grandparents. Sofia is an American citizen and is of Italian, English, and Scottish ethnicity. She is a Catholic by religion.
Sofia Coppola’s Education
She graduated from St. Helena High School in 1989. Sofia studied at Mills College and the California Institute of the Arts. She dropped out of college to start her own clothing business.
Her husband is Thomas Mars, a French musician. They met when Sofia was producing the soundtrack of one of her movies. They dated each other for some time and walked down the aisle in the presence of their close ones in Bernalda on August 27, 2011.
They welcomed two daughters named Romy Croquet and Cosima Croquet. Their first daughter, Romy was born on November 28, 2006, while their other daughter, Cosima was born on May 18, 2010.
Her First Marriage & Past Relationships
Her first husband was Spike Jonze, a director. In 1993, they started dating after meeting at the set of the music video for Sonic Youth’s, 100%. They officially married on June 26, 1999, but filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences on December 5, 2003. She was in a relationship with an actor, Keanu Reeves. They met while Keanu was working in the movie, Dracula in 1991. They dated until 1992.
She dated a singer, Anthony Kiedis. In 1992, they met each other and started dating. They dated for a year only. She had an affair with director Quentin Tarantino in 2003. They break up after a year of dating but are still friends.
Sofia Coppola’s Net Worth
As of 2023, Sofia earned a net worth of $40 million throughout her professional career. Sofia has an annual salary of $5 million. She is endorsed by Louis Vuitton for their handbag line. Sofia lives in her house which is located in the Caribbean shore and beach town of Placencia. It has a huge swimming pool in front with a wooden-plated outer feature.
Sofia Coppola’s Request for Kirsten Dunst to Lose Weight: Her Reply
She requested her close friend, Kirsten Dunst to lose weight. She asked Kirsten to lose weight so that she could fit in Coppola’s movie role. Kirsten said that she can’t lose weight as she is in her late 30s. Kirsten also said that she wants fried chicken and the shooting location is in a rural area so, she won’t play the role.
Her Feud With Julia Testa
Sofia had a feud with a florist, Julia Testa. When Sofia was shooting near her shop, Julia made a board in her shop saying the shop was open and film shooting killed small businesses. She also said that her shop is open and asked customers to come and buy. Even though Sofia paid $300-$500 for stores to stay open from 3 to 8 on Monday in between Prince and Spring Street, she faced another criticism for not shooting near Julia’s shop.
Professional Career of Sofia Coppola
- She started her clothing business, Milkfed at the age of 15.
- Sofia made her acting debut by playing the role of Michael Francis Rizzi in the movie, The Godfather in 1972.
- She appeared as Donna in the movie, Rumble Fish in 1983.
- She directed the short film named, Lick the Star in 1998.
- Her featured directing debut was titled The Virgin Suicides in 1999.
- She directed another movie, Lost in Translation in 2003.
- Coppola released her movie, On the Rocks on October 2, 2020,
- She is also a model and became the face of Marc Jacobs‘s fragrance, Daisy in 2001.
- She is also working on the board for the Gagosian Gallery.
- As a philanthropist, she is an active member of the organization named The Naked Heart Foundation.
Movies & TV Shows
She directed and produced movies like Lost in Translation, Marie Antoinette, The Virgin Suicides, The Godfather Part III, Priscilla, The Beguiled, Somewhere, The Bling Ring, and On the Rocks. Sofia directed TV shows like A Very Murray Christmas and La Traviata.
She is the author of hit books like The Virgin Suicides, Marie Antoinette, The Beguiled, Lost in Translation, Archive, Leisure, Lost Angeles, Priscilla, and many more.
Awards & Nominations
- She won the nomination of awards like Academy Awards, British Academy Film Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, and Primetime Emmy Awards.
- In 2003, she won the Academy Awards for the criteria of Best Original Screenplay for Lost in Translation.
- She received the Golden Globe Award in the nomination for Best Screenplay for Lost in Translation in 2003.
- In 2010, she received the National Board of Review as Special Achievement for Somewhere.
FAQs of Sofia Coppola
How tall is Sofia Coppola?
Sofia has a tall height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs 52kg. Her body measurement is 34-26-35 inches. Sofia has dark-brown eyes and light brown hair. Her dress and shoe size is 8.5 (US) and 4(US).
Is Sofia Coppola related to Nicholas Cage?
Yes, Sofia is related to Nicholas’s cage. She is the cousin of Nicholas from her father’s side. Nicholas is a popular American actor.
Did Sofia Coppola change her name?
Yes, Sofia changed her name to Domino. She was only 13 years old when she used the name Domino as her stage name.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing