Sheryl Lee Ralph is an american actressAnd singer who is best known for her role as Deidra “Dee” Mitchell (née Moss) on the UPN sitcom “Moesha“, Maggie Turner in the sitcom “Instant Mom”, Hayden Montgomery in the CBS procedural crime series “Criminal Minds”, Maggie Foster in the sitcom “George”, Felicia Hollingsworth in the semi-autobiographical comedy series “One Mississippi “, President Kelly Wade in the Freeform supernatural drama series “Motherland: Fort Salem”, and Vicki St. James in the ABC sitcom “New Attitude”. Sheryl is the wife of Vincent Hughes and mother of two children; Etienne and Ivy with her ex-husband, Éric Maurice.
Sheryl made her screen debut in the 1977 comedy film “A Piece of the Action.” Currently, she stars as Barbara Howard in the ABC dummy sitcom “Abbott Elementary,” for which she won Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards, and became the first black woman to win. the price in 35 years. In 2023, she performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, also known as the Black National Anthem, during the Super Bowl LVII pre-show.
What is Sheryl Lee Ralph’s ethnicity?
Sheryl Lee Ralph was born on December 30, 1955, which makes her current age of 66 in 2022. Her birthplace is in Waterbury, Connecticut, United States. She grew up between Mandeville, Jamaica and Long Island. Born to American parents, she holds American citizenship while her ethnicity is mixed as she is of African-American and Afro-Jamaican (including Cameroonian) descent. Sheryl is her father’s daughter, Stanley Ralphand his mother, Ivy Ralph. Her father is a college professor and her mother is a Jamaican fashion designer and the designer of the kariba costume. She also has a little brother, Michael Ralph who is an actor, voice actor and comedian.
Sheryl went to attend Uniondale High School in Uniondale, New York. She graduated in 1972. She starred in a high school production of the musical Oklahoma!, portraying Teen Annie. She was crowned Miss Black Teen-age New York in 1971. At 19, Ralph was the youngest woman to graduate from Rutgers University. Additionally, she served as an commencement speaker at Rutgers for the Class of 2003.
The acting career of Sheryl Lee Ralph
- Sheryl Lee Ralph made her film debut by appearing in the crime comedy film “A Piece of the Action” in 1977. After that, she made several appearances in television shows, such as “Good Times”, “Wonder Woman” and “The Jeffersons”. Next, she landed a role in the Broadway production “Reggae” (1980) and was later portrayed as Deena Jones in the original Broadway musical “Dreamgirls” (1981). She was also part of the cast of the CBS daytime soap opera “Search for Tomorrow” while starring in “Dreamgirls.”
- As a singer, Sheryl released her only studio album “In the Evening” in 1984.
- Then, she landed the main role of Ginger St. James in the television series “It’s a Living” (1980-1982) which would then be followed by “Oliver & Company” in 1988, “The Mighty Quinn” in 1989, “New Attitude ” in 1990, “To Sleep with Anger” in 1990, “Mistress” in 1992″, “Designing Women” in 1992, “The Distinguished Gentleman”, “Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit” in 1993, “Moesha” ( 1996-2001).
- She also had roles in The Flintstones, Deterrence, and Unconditional Love in the 1990s. Similarly, she provided the voice of the Cheetah in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. She also appeared on the Showtime series “Barbershop” as Claire.
- After that, she brought a new face to the suffering of war on the hit NBC series “ER.” Besides that, she starred in “Baby of the Family” in 2002, MTV’s “My Super Sweet 16”, BET’s “Baldwin Hills”, “The First Wives Club” in 2009, the show “Smash” of NBC in 2013, “Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn” in 2014. While her recent TV appearances include the TNT comedy-drama Claws and on the Nickelodeon sitcom Instant Mom as the mother of Stephanie (Tia Mowry-Hardictt).
- Ralph appeared as one of the main characters, Rose, in the television series “Fam” from January 10 to April 11, 2019. She joined the new hit sitcom “Abbott Elementary” in 2022.
- In 2023, she performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, also known as the Black National Anthem, during the Super Bowl LVII pre-show.
What is Sheryl Lee Ralph net worth?
Sheryl Lee Ralph is a successful actress who has appeared in several movies and TV series including It’s a Living, New Attitude, Moesha, etc. Most recently, she performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing” on the Super Bowl LVII pre-show. She wouldn’t have done anything for singing “Lift Every Voice and Sing” at the 2023 Super Bowl, between the Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs. According to Forbes, the big production is just mere promotion for artists as free advertising for headliners, played in front of more than 100 million people around the world. She is a very hardworking and dedicated woman. She started her acting journey at the age of 19.
As of 2023, Sheryl Lee Ralph net worth is estimated at $5 million. She made her fortune from the entertainment industry which is her main source of wealth. At the moment, she leads a lavish life and also owns a collection of branded cars.
Who is Sheryl Lee Ralph’s husband?
Sheryl Lee Ralph is a married woman as far as her marital status is concerned. On July 30, 2005, she married Pennsylvania State Senator, Vincent Hughes at the First African Methodist Episcopal Church in Los Angeles. The couple are living a happy life and there are no signs of divorce between them.
Previously, the actress was married to Eric Maurice who was a businessman and an art collector. They married in 1990 and were blessed with two children – a son named Etienne Maurice (b. 1992) and a daughter named Ivy Maurice (b. 1995). Sheryl and Eric divorced in 2001.
How tall is Sheryl Lee Ralph?
Sheryl Lee Ralph is a beautiful actress. She has curly black hair with a pair of dark brown eyes. She has high cheekbones with a dimpled smile. She has amazing acting skills and an attractive personality.
Sheryl stands at the perfect height of 5ft 7in or 170cm while her body weight is 68kg or 150lbs. She has a voluptuous body. Her body measurements are 34-26-36 inches including her 34C bra size, 26 inch waist and 36 inch hip. She wears shoe size 9.5 (US) and dress size 8 (US).
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth