Sarah Lancashire is a british actress who is best known for playing television roles such as Raquel Wolstenhulme (later Watts) in “Coronation Street”, Caroline McKenzie Dawson in “Last Tango in Halifax”, Catherine Cawood in “happy valley“, Rose Linden in “Rose and Maloney”, Ruth Goddard in “Where the Heart is”, Yvonne Kolakowski in “Clocking Off” and Adult Laura Timmins in “Lark Rise to Candleford”. various accolades over a career spanning four decades, including two British Academy Television Awards.She is married to her husband, Peter Salmon, a television producer.
The actress started her career in a local theater while teaching drama at the University of Salford. She didn’t give serious thought to the performing arts until she was 18. She made her film debut as Beaty in the 2007 drama film, “And When Did You Last See Your Father?”. Likewise, she appeared in The Paradise (2012), Cherished (2005), Five Daughters (2010), Dad’s Army (2016), Blood Brothers in 1990, Guys and Dolls from 2005 to 2006, Betty Blue Eyes in 2011, and Julia (2022-present).
Who are Sarah Lancashire’s parents?
Sarah Lancashire was born on October 10, 1964 as the daughter of Geoffrey Lancashire (1933–2004), and Hilda McCormack in Oldham, Lancashire, England. Her father is a television screenwriter known for his work on the soap opera Coronation Street and sitcoms such as The Cuckoo Waltz while her mother is a secretary at Granada Television Studios. She grew up with three brothers, Simon Lancashire, John Lancashire and James Lancashire. Sarah-Jane Abigail Lancashire is her birth name. She is British as far as her nationality is concerned and she belongs to a mixed ethnic race as she is of English and Irish descent. She celebrated her 58th birthday in 2022.
For her education, the actress studied at Oldham Hulme High School between 1976 and 1981, then attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, Lancashire. She graduated in 1986, describing her time as a student there as “great work” but “very hard and quite daunting work”. She didn’t give serious thought to the performing arts until she was 18. In March 2002, she received an honorary Master of Arts from University of Salford.
How was Sarah Lancashire’s career?
- Sarah got her very first acting role which Howard Lloyd-Lewis gave. She then performed two pieces with the company, “Pacific Overtures” and “The Beauty Game”. For five years she worked as a drama tutor at the University of Salford alongside her work as an actress.
- In 1987, she made a brief appearance in “Coronation Street”. In the late 1980s, she also appeared in an episode of the children’s anthology series “Dramarama.” She also starred in a single episode of the ITV sitcom ‘Watching’.
- It was 1990 when she shot to fame with the role of Linda in a production of Willy Russell’s “Blood Brothers” at the Albery Theatre.
- Likewise, she auditioned for the role of new “Coronation Street” character Raquel Wolstenhulme. Between September 26 and October 19, 1991, Lancashire played the title role in an adaptation of “Educating Rita”. After Raquel’s reintroduction on December 30, 1991, she went full-time to Coronation Street. She starred in the straight-to-video spinoff film “Coronation Street – The Cruise” in late 1995. After that, she appeared in “Where the Heart Is”, “Bloomin’ Marvelous”, “Murder Most Horrid”, ” Clocking Off”, “Seeing Red”, “Chambers” and “My Fragile Heart” until late 1999.
- As a television personality, his last role on BBC One was the comedy-drama ‘Gentleman’s Relish’. His first role under his new contract with ITV was the six-part drama “The Glass”.
- She then acted in films and television series including “The Cry” in 2002, “Life Begins” in 2002, “Rose and Maloney” in 2002, “Birthday Girl”, “Sons and Lovers”, “The Afternoon Play” in 2004, “The Rotters’ Club” in 2005, “Cherished” in 2005, “Guys and Dolls” in 2005, “Who’s Who” in 2006, “Angel Cake”, “Skins” in 2007, “Sex, the City and Me” in 2007, “And when did you last see your father?”, “Lark Rise to Candleford” (2008-2011), “Doctor Who”, “All the little things in 2009”, “Five Daughters ” in 2010 and “Inspector George Doucement” in 2010.
- Sarah starred in a new Cameron Mackintosh musical, Betty Blue Eyes, at the Novello Theater in March 2011. In 2012, she appeared as maid Miss Whisset in the penultimate episode of the 2010 revival of ” Upstairs Downstairs”.
- She appeared alongside Anne Reid and Derek Jacobi in the BBC drama series ‘Last Tango in Halifax’ between 2012 and December 2016.
- In 2014, she reunited with Last Tango in Halifax writer Sally Wainwright on the crime drama “Happy Valley.” In March 2015, she began filming a television adaptation of Ronald Harwood’s 1980 play “The Dresser”. Likewise, she played Mrs. Pike in the 2016 feature film “Dad’s Army.”
- In 2018, she played the role of Miriam in “Kiri”. She portrayed Julia Child in the HBO Max drama “Julia.” The eight-part series debuted on the channel in March 2022. After receiving favorable reviews, the series was renewed in May 2022.
Who is Sarah Lancashire’s husband?
Sarah Lancashire is a married woman. She tied the knot with her husband, Stone Salmon. The duo married in Langar Hall, Nottinghamshire in 2001. His wife is a television producer and executive. Salmon had proposed to Lancashire in New York while on vacation at Easter 2001. The two had begun a romantic relationship in the summer of 2000, although they had first met several years earlier when she portrayed Raquel on Coronation Street and that he was employed by Granada. Studios, which produces the soap opera. The duo is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbance.
The married couple are also blessed with a son viz. Joseph Stone (born 26 March 2003) (third child of Sarah Lancashire).
Was Sarah Lancashire previously married?
Sarah Lancashire was a previously married woman. At the age of 22, Lancashire married her first serious boyfriend, Gary Hargreaves, a music teacher 11 years her senior, whom she had met four years earlier. Recalling the circumstances of her first marriage in 2001, Lancashire said she only married because she had become pregnant and had both a traditional outlook and fear of the stigma of having a child out of wedlock . The duo separated in 1995. They have 2 sons – Thomas Alan (born August 1987) and Matthew Joseph Hargreaves (born August 1989).
What is Sarah Lancashire net worth?
Sarah Lancashire is a successful actress who has appeared in many movies and TV series. She is famous for her appearance in Coronation Street (1991–1996, 2000), Where the Heart Is (1997–1999), Clocking Off (2000), and Seeing Red (2000), among others. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry.
Sarah Lancashire has an estimated net worth of $20 million from 2023. For her role in the ‘Coronation Street’ series, she earned a reported annual salary of £90,000. In July 2000, Lancashire signed a two-year gold handcuff deal with the ITV network, which made her the UK’s highest-paid TV actress. The actress is living a lavish life right now. She also has designer cars and a large house where she currently lives.
How tall is Sarah Lancashire?
Beautiful actress, Sarah Lancashire has blonde hair with a pair of blue eyes. She has a frontal fringe with high cheekbones. She has an attractive personality with fantastic acting skills. At the age of 17, she began to suffer from clinical depression.
Sarah stands at the perfect height of 5ft 7in or 170cm while her body weight is 75kg or 165.5lbs. His body type is tall. She has a healthy body with a charming smile and a radiant face.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth