An American television broadcaster, Robin Roberts rose to prominence after joining ABC’s Good Morning America as an anchor. She served as a sportscaster for ESPN from 1990 to 2005. She also hosted the shows like Good Morning America, Turning the Tables With Robin Roberts, ABC World News Tonight, SportsCenter, and Wide World of Sports. As an author, she wrote books like A Master: The Everyday Guru, Sports for Life: How Athletes Have More Fun, etc.
Early Life of Robin Roberts
Robin Roberts was born Robin René Roberts on November 23, 1960, in Tuskegee, Alabama, United States. She is 62 years old as of 2023. Her sun sign is Sagittarius. Roberts celebrates her birthday on the 23rd of November. She is the daughter of Lucimarian Tolliver (mother) and Lawrence E. Roberts (father). Her father is a pilot, and her mother works as a Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta director.
She has siblings named Sally-Ann Roberts, Dorothy Roberts McEwen, and Lawrence E. Roberts, Jr. Sally is also a news reporter and Dorothy is a Sociologist. She holds American citizenship and follows Presbyterian as a religion. Robin belongs to a mixed ethnicity. In 1979, she graduated from Pass Christian High School. She graduated with a degree in communication from Southeastern Louisiana University in 1983.
Robin Robert and Amber Laign Are Planning to Get Married
Robin came out as gay in December 2013. She is in a relationship with Amber Laign, a therapist. They met with the help of blind dates on July 26, 2005. Robin and Amber announced their relationship officially on December 29, 2013. They started living together during the Covid pandemic and got engaged by putting calamari rings on each other on January 2023.
They announced their engagement via their memoir on August 16, 2023. Robin and Amber set their wedding date in September of 2023. They had an on-air bachelor party on August 16, 2023. Their friends like Food Network star Carla Hall, ABC news broadcaster Diane Sawyer, CBS News anchor Gayle King, and Roberts’ sister Sally Ann held the party for them on teh national television.
Her First Marriage
Her first husband was Alan Mathison. In 1993, they walked down the aisles and only after eight years they divorced in 2001.
Robin Roberts’s Net Worth & Earnings
As of 2023, Robin earned an estimated net worth of around $55 million from her professional career. Her average salary is $18 million. She used to earn a yearly salary of $14 million from her contract with GMA. She has endorsements from brands like WebMD, The Cutting Edge of Cancer, Be the Match Registry, and Thriver Thursday.
She bought an apartment in New York City in 2005. Robin paid a whooping sum of $2.575 million and is the luxury apartment.
Her Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
She contracted an early form of breast cancer in 2007. Due to this, she had eight chemotherapy treatments followed by surgery on August 3, and January 2008. Then, she suffered from myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) in 2012. MDs is a disease of bone marrow and she did a bone marrow in October 2012.
Her Weight Loss Journey
She lost most of her body weight due to cancer. Robin lost 100 pounds due to extreme nausea from chemotherapy followed by loss of appetite. She starts her morning by eating vitamin gummies. From 8 A.M. and 9 A.M., she eats a calorie-dense meal and she doesn’t drink any caffeine products. In her fitness routine, she does cycling every day for a cardio workout. Roberts also does yoga or pilates.
Robin Roberts and Michael Strahan’s Feud Rumors
Robin and Michael Strahan had a fight which she admitted in an interview with him on Good Morning America. Besides talking about another thing, they talked they had a fight and laughed with each other jokingly by referring to the fight. Michael appeared in GMA shows to promote his new books.
The Broadcasting Career of Robin Roberts
- Robin joined the broadcasting journey by joining WDAM-TV as a sports anchor and reporter in 1983.
- Then, she joined WLOX-TV and worked as a sports anchor and reporter for WSMV-TV in 1986.
- She worked as a sports anchor and reporter at WAGA-TV from 1988 to 1990.
- Robin also worked as a sportscaster on ESPN from February 1990 to 2005.
- She started her work as a featured reporter for Good Morning America in June 1995.
- Robin appeared as a guest for the tv show, Can You See the Real Me? in 2010.
- She competed in the 2010 Indianapolis 500 and rode the Pace Car on May 30, 2010.
- She joined the concert of Pitch Perfect 2 as a cappella backup singer/former member.
TV Shows & Books
She played in movies like Pitch Perfect 2, The Hot Flashes, The LEGO Ninjago, Dickie V, and The Disney Family Singalong. She appeared in tv shows like Kid Correspondent, The Rookie, and For The People, Robin Roberts, Empire, The Lego Ninjago Movie.
Robin is the author of books like Brighter by the Day: Waking Up to New Hopes and Dreams, Everybody’s Got Something, From the Heart: Eight Rules to Live By, I Simply Am, Which Sport is Right for You?, Sports Injuries.
Awards & Honours
- She received Mel Greenberg Media Award in 2001.
- Robert won the nomination for Excellence in Journalism at Walter Cronkite Award in 2014.
- She was also listed in the Sports Broadcasting Hall of Fame in 2016.
- She won Lifetime Achievement Award from Radio Television Digital News Foundation in 2018.
FAQs of Robin Roberts
How tall is Robin Roberts?
Robin is 5 feet 10 inches tall and has a body weight of 66kg. Her total body measurement is 35-27-36 inches. Robin has an alluring pair of brown eyes and beautiful long dark brown hair. Her shoe and dress size is 8(US).
Is Robin Roberts quitting Good Morning America?
Yes, Robim is quitting Good Morning America. She has officially taken about it but she will leave the show.
What happened to Robin Roberts’s Partner?
Roberts’s Partner is suffering from breast cancer. Recently, she finished her radiation treatment in July 2022.
Is Robin Roberts related to Deborah Roberts?
No, Robin is not related to Deborah. They only share the same surname and aren’t connected.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing