Quincy Jones was taken to a hospital in Los Angeles over the weekend after falling ill.
The legendary music producer, 90, had a ‘bad reaction to certain foods he ate’, his rep says TMZ Sunday.
Paramedics responded to Jones’ home and he was transported to a nearby emergency room.
“Out of an abundance of caution, he called 911 for assistance,” the rep added.
Related story: John Boyega Says No One Has Heard From Jamie Foxx Since Actor Was Hospitalized
After being examined by doctors, he was given the all-clear and released. His rep said Jones never passed out and was in “good spirits” once he was seen by a doctor.
A Jones spokesperson did not immediately respond to Urban Hollywood 411request for comment.
Over the years, the famous producer has had a series of health problems.
In 1974, he suffered two life-threatening brain aneurysms and had to undergo surgery to save his life. After recovering, Jones told the Los Angeles Times he had lost the ability to use his beloved trumpet.
“I can’t play anymore,” Jones said. “The main artery to my brain is held together by a clip. Diving in the deep sea and playing the trumpet blows this thing.
He was also hospitalized in 2015, after suffering chest pain and shortness of breath.
The trumpeter, producer, bandleader, composer and arranger has won 28 Grammy Awards and received 80 nominations over the years, according to Grammy.com. He also won an Emmy, a Tony and received an honorary Oscar.
Jones has discovered some of the biggest names in music and mentored everyone from Michael Jackson to Tevin Campbell. He was producer and bandleader on the landmark recording “We Are The World” and produced Michael Jackson’s multi-platinum solo albums – Off the wall, badAnd Polar.
In his 2018 Netflix documentary, Jones said that growing up in South Chicago, he never imagined the kind of success he had achieved.
“I wanted to be a gangster until I was 11,” he said. “You want to be what you see and that’s all we’ve ever seen.”
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing