Florida Governor Ron DeSantis insists that he’s been good for the state’s major tourist attraction with whom he started a war. Now, Puddin’ Fingers wants to make nice with Disney CEO Bob Iger and end the war that he began.
It can’t be because DeSantis knows he won’t win the GOP nomination and lost the war on Mickey Mouse, too. Or maybe DeSantis is woke now after Disney ended a nearly $1 billion office complex scheduled for construction that would have brought more than 2,000 jobs to the Orlando area, with $120,000 as the average salary.
And now DeSantis suggested on Monday that he wanted the media giant to drop its lawsuit against the state.
“[W]here we are today, you know, we’ve basically moved on,” DeSantis said during a CNBC interview. “They’re suing the state of Florida; they’re going to lose that lawsuit. So what I would say is, drop the lawsuit.”
“No one has made Disney more money recently than me,” he insisted. “Because during Covid, they were open in Florida.”
DeSantis’ feud with Disney began last year, sparked after the company publicly criticized Florida’s Republican-controlled Legislature for approving a bill banning teachers from leading discussions on gender identity and sexual orientation, a measure that came to be known as the “Don’t Say Gay” bill.
In April, Disney took the battle to federal court, alleging that DeSantis and other state officials retaliated against the company and violated its First Amendment rights. In May, the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District brought its own state lawsuit against Disney, alleging that a deal struck over the company’s authority over itself violated state law.
He cost the state he’s supposed to govern an incredible amount of money and jobs. Lots of good paying jobs. And all because Disney criticized his ‘Don’t say gay’ bill.
Hey Ron, gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay. I said what I said!
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’