Primary schools in Manchester and Cheshire ‘in lockdown’ after ‘threatening’ emails sent to staff and pupils
A number of primary schools were put into ‘lockdown’ today after a threat to pupils and staff was sent by email.
Police were made aware of the correspondence just after 10am this morning, which is said to have targeted schools in Cheshire, Liverpool and Manchester.
An investigation has been launched and officers have been attending schools to provide reassurance.
Lache Primary School, in Chester, was one of those affected, and described the incident as a ‘malicious hoax’.
The school staggered the release of pupils, with all believed to have been collected by 2.45pm.
Lache Primary School, in Chester, was one of those affected, and has sent an email to parents and carers saying the ‘procedure is precautionary’
A school statement had earlier said: ‘We are aware that parents have arrived outside school. To repeat, we cannot let any children out or any parents in.
‘As we have stated this is a precautionary measure following an unpleasant email that has been sent to a number of schools in Cheshire, Liverpool and Manchester. There is NOT a threat on site.
‘We have locked down the school to ensure that everyone is safe. Which they are. The police are dealing with the situation and are very happy with the measures that we have in place.’
Detective Chief Inspector Justin Hancock from Cheshire Constabulary said: ‘We would like to reassure parents that this is believed to be malicious and we are doing everything we can to locate the person responsible for these emails.’
Chief Inspector Chris Boyd of GMP’s City of Manchester Division, added: ‘We take reports of this nature very seriously and whilst we have not advised any schools to close, our officers will nevertheless be stepping up their high-visibility presence around schools at the end of the day today to provide reassurance to them and the wider public.’
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing