The Zamfara police command has dislodged a bandits’ camp and rescued 14 kidnapped victims in Zamfara, who had spent 68 days in captivity.
This is contained in a statement issued in Gusau on Saturday by the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muhammad Shehu.
According to him, “On 10th March, 2023, Police tactical operatives in conjunction with the vigilante group, while on a Mop Up Operation near Munhaye forest, successfully dislodged some bandits’ camp belonging to one recalcitrant bandit Kingpin, popularity know as Dogo Sule”.
“As a result of the operation, 14 hostages, made up of two male adults, seven female and five children below two years old, were rescued.
“The victims informed the Police detectives that, on 1st January, 2023, at about 2300hrs, a large number of suspected bandits, armed with sophisticated weapons, stormed Anguwar Mangoro and Gidan Maidawa villages in Gusau Local Government Area and abducted the victims to their camp where they spent 68 days in captivity.
“The victims who were in symphathetic condition, have been taken to the Police clinic, Gusau, for medical treatment and thereafter re-united with their families/Relations,” Mr Shehu explained.
He said the state commissioner of Police, Mr Kolo Yusuf, has congratulated the victims for regaining their freedom, and reassured of the command’s continuous commitment to protect lives and property of the citizens.
Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: Call Willie – +2348098788999
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing