PM Modi and Mr Albanese handed over Test caps to their respective team captains, Rohit Sharma and Steve Smith.
Rohit Sharma and Australia skipper then introduced PM Modi and Anthony Albanese to the rest of the team.
BCCI captioned the video, “A special welcome & special handshakes!”
The two Prime Ministers stood alongside the players when the national anthems of India and Australia were sung.
BCCI president Roger Binny presented PM Albanese with his portrait while secretary Jay Shah gave one to PM Modi. The two leaders then inaugurated the newly designed Hall of Fame room where cricket and nostalgia are intrinsically seeped into each other.
“On the field, Australia and India are competing to be the best in the world. Off the field, we are co-operating to build a better world,” the Australian PM said in a tweet.
India is leading the Border-Gavaskar series by 2-1. A win in the final Test will ensure the team qualifies for the final of the ICC World Test Championship, where they will be facing Australia in London from June 7 onwards.
Featured Video Of The Day
Actor-Director Satish Kaushik Dies At 66
- Jennifer Lawrence gets low-key and laid-back while running errands
- Names and photographs of undercover agents handed over to tech surveillance group shared online | wayne dupree
- Yasiin Bey Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Height, Net Worth, Fast Facts
- Who plays Young Reacher in Amazon’s Reacher series?
- LUVMEHAIR Undetectable Lace Wigs | learn more about lace wigs