Due to a suspicious package left unattended, Terminal 1 at LAX International Airport underwent a partial evacuation, causing traffic to temporarily halt for several hours.
The bomb disposal team was called in to investigate the situation.
However, at around 11:10 p.m. Friday night, LAX announced via Twitter that police activity had ended and the airport would resume normal operations.
The LAPD confirmed there were no threats associated with the package.
Traffic heading to the airport on Sepulveda Boulevard was heavily congested, causing setbacks of several kilometres, due to the closure of the upper deck leading to all airport terminals.
As a result, flights experienced widespread delays, creating a travel nightmare for passengers on the Friday before the June 16 holiday weekend.
Authorities are urging travelers to keep up to date with the latest information on flight statuses. Unfortunately, no further details are currently available.
- Alicia Roman (NBC 5) Wiki Biography, nationality, kids, husband, salary
- Is Miguel Leon Tyson, Mike Tyson’s Real son?
- Emily Elizabeth In Bedroom Bikini Is ‘The Perfect Woman’
- Republican Debate Viewership Dips: Second Event Draws Only 9.5 Million Audience | Wayne Dupree
- Meet Helen Willink, Ex-SEAL Jocko Willink’s Wife