As the city has already provided housing, food and other amenities to nearly 65,000 asylum seekers over the past year, Adams said in the appeal that his administration needs the help. neighboring counties.
Politico also says Adams did not completely rule out Newburgh’s supervisor Gil Piaquadio’s request that the mayor consider unoccupied SUNY New Paltz housing as well as the former Downstate Correctional Facility in the adjacent county of Fishkill, in Dutchess County.
Adams, a Democrat, said “nothing is on the table.” “We are willing to consider other locations if anyone has any. Nothing is off the table. We will investigate the two locations you suggested.
According to the Daily Caller Foundation, Adams also asked New York landlords to help house the migrants.
This week, Adams said he plans to move 300 recent immigrants to Orange and Rockland counties.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree