According to NBC Chicago, the teenager was discovered in North Carolina after her mother, Heather Unbehaun, was spotted at an Asheville consignment store over the weekend by an attentive viewer of the Netflix series.
According to WLS, Unbehaun had packed up his car and left with Kayla when Kayla’s father, Ryan Iskerka, picked up his daughter from her mother’s residence in Wheaton on July 5, 2017. Iskerka had full custody, while Unbehaun only had visitation rights. . In an effort to find Kayla, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children issued an alert about her and even circulated a photo of her at an advanced age. No one did, according to an Asheville police representative who spoke to NBC, until last Saturday when a passerby recognized Unbehaun from “published media” and alerted authorities.
Unbehaun, 40, was arrested and charged with child abduction; it is not known if further charges will be brought. She will be extradited to Illinois and imprisoned on $250,000 bail. The North Carolina Division of Social Services was awarded custody of Kayla, who will now be returned to her family in her home state.
Meanwhile, the news makes her father jump for joy. He releases a statement saying, “I am delighted that Kayla is home safely.” “As we navigate this new beginning and get to know each other again, we ask for privacy.”
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth