MrBeast recently shared that he was invited aboard a submersible to visit the wreck of the Titanic. The YouTube star tweeted about the invite and said it was scary that he “could have been on it”.
He made the revelation days after OceanGate confirmed that the five passengers on the submersible titan deceased.
Keep reading to learn more.
MrBeast was invited on the Titan submersible
MrBeast spoke of being invited to explore the Titanic with other passengers before the doomed submersible voyage to the Titan, which claimed the lives of five people. The 25-year-old shared that he was afraid of the possibility that he could have been one of the victims.
Shortly after OceanGate confirmed the deaths of five explorers, he wrote about Twitter, “I was invited earlier this month to go on the Titanic submarine, I said no.” MrBeast added: “It’s kind of scary that I could have been on it.”
I was invited earlier this month to ride the titanic submarine, I said no. Kinda scary that I could have been on it pic.twitter.com/bQUnaRiczA
— MrBeast (@MrBeast) June 25, 2023
While he didn’t note whether it was the particular trip that took five people’s lives, MrBeast did reveal a conversation that involved his reference to visiting Titan. During the exchange, someone asked him to join the journey “in a submarine later this month” and expressed how “thrilled” the explorers would be to have him. However, he ultimately refused.
Five people died in the Titan submersible tragedy
MrBeast’s revelation comes days after OceanGate confirmed the deaths of the Titan voyage passengers. JThe company shared in a tragic statement, “We now believe that our CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding and Paul-Henri Nargeolet have sadly been lost.”
OceanGate added a tribute to the five explorers commending their bold and adventurous spirit. “These men were true explorers who shared a distinct spirit of adventure and a deep passion for exploring and protecting the world’s oceans. Our hearts are with these five souls and each member of their family during this tragic time. »
The statement continued: “We mourn the loss of life and the joy they brought to everyone they knew.” This followed news from the US Coast Guard, which hinted at the missing explorers. The Coast Guard shared that it discovered remnants of the tragic implosion.
Another YouTuber was invited on a Titanic trip
In a short clip, YouTuber Jake Koehler also revealed that he was allegedly the victim of the tragic adventure. The recording showed certain events leading up to the trip. However, the Koehler, also known as Dallmyd, canceled the visit “just days before the tragedy”.
At the start of the clip, Koehler shared, “With the world watching the missing submarine salvage efforts around the Titanic, I thought I’d share my Mission III experience just a few weeks ago.”
He also noted that “it could have been” him in the submersible incident if he hadn’t changed his mind. While grateful for life, he wanted to “go back in time” to warn passengers not to continue the journey, seeing how tragically it ended.
More people share that they were invited on the Titan submersible
Other passengers who could have been on the trip include Las Vegas financier Jay Bloom and his 20-year-old son Sean, who wanted to check him off their “to-do list”. Sean remembers being uncomfortable when his father told him about it. He then convinced him not to proceed with the voyage, as he did not believe the submarine could “survive at such depth in the ocean”.
Recounting his thoughts, Sean told people magazine“It’s a small submarine, with five people crammed inside. It was just super dangerous. Something told me it wasn’t the shot. However, it was sad to hear the news. of the submarine’s implosion.
In a tribute, Jay said People how much he enjoyed talking with OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush, who died on the trip. He revealed that Rush was a “good guy” and a great conversationalist. “He didn’t want to hear anything that conflicted with his worldview, and he just rejected it.”
He added that he thought the CEO thought it would be safe for them to make the trip. “He was so passionate about this project and he believed in it so much. He drank his own Kool-Aid, and there was just no deterring him,” Jay explained. “I don’t think Stockton understood the risk himself, or didn’t want to understand the risk.”
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’