A man is hospitalized after being shot dead by Edmonton police after stabbing a mother and her 11-year-old child outside a school on Friday.
The Alberta Alberta Serious Incident Response Team (ASIRT) is investigating what happened after Edmonton police officers responded to a weapons complaint outside Crawford Plains School in the Mill Woods neighborhood just before 5 p.m.
“Police have been reported that an unknown male attacked and stabbed two people before fleeing the area on foot,” police said in a news release.
Officers responding to the call found a 35-year-old woman dead and an 11-year-old child injured. The child was taken to hospital but died, police said.
Two officers then caught up with the suspect about four blocks away.
“An altercation ensued and both officers subsequently discharged their firearms, striking the suspect. The man suffered serious injuries and was treated and transported to hospital by paramedics where he remains” , the police statement said.
The officers were not injured, the statement said.
The Edmonton Police Service Homicide Section is currently investigating. Autopsies are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday.
The relationship between the suspect and the victims is not known, police said.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree