One of the greatest debates in human existence is the reality of Ghosts. Some believe they exist while some believe they don’t. Brushing with the supernatural is a story that every one of us has heard at some point in our lives. If you belong to a group that does not believe in ghosts, then the cast of Ghost Hunters is here to prove you wrong. The reality series is centered around a paranormal investigation group called TAPS who moonlight as ghostbusters and investigate paranormal phenomena at the request of their clients. Led by Jason Hawes, the documentary series is based on the exploits of the Atlantic Paranormal Society. In this article, we take a closer look at one of the cast members, Steve Gonsalves who is a man of many talents. He is not only a former police officer, but also a drummer, a paranormal investigator, a magazine co-founder, a producer, an author and actor. In addition to Ghost Hunters, he has appeared in popular reality television shows, such as Ghost Hunters Academy, Destination Truth and Ghost Nation.
|Full name||Steve Gonsalves|
|Date of birth||October 23, 1975|
|Age||47 years old|
|Place of birth||New Bedford, Massachusetts, USA|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches (180 cm)|
|Weight||187 lbs (85 kg)|
|Occupation||Paranormal investigator, TV personality, producer, director, former police officer|
|Net worth||$1.5 million (as of 2023)|
|Famous for||Appearing in the TV series Ghost Hunters and Ghost Nation|
|Co-founder of||The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS) and TAPS Paramagazine|
|First TV appearance||Ghost Hunters (2004)|
|First film appearance||The World Within (2010) as himself|
|Latest film appearance||The House in Between (2020) as director and executive producer|
|Awards and nominations||None|
|Hobbies and interests||Broadway, Halloween, Disney, music, drumming|
|Favorite movie||The Shining (1980)|
|Marital status||Unmarried (as of 2023)|
|Previous relationships||Alyce Haynes|
Childhood & Upbringing
Steve Gonsalves was born on the 23rd of October 1975, in New Bedford, Massachusetts. His family relocated to Philadelphia when Steve was young and he spent much of his early life in Phili. From a young age, Steve was curious about the paranormal. With the passing years, his interest grew, and by the age of 20, Steve had formed an investigation team. Little is known about Steve’s life as an academic and his exploits at the University. But it was during his time at the University that Steve established The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS).
Steve Gonsalves is a man of many talents who has achieved success in various fields. He is a former police officer, a drummer, a TAPS co-founder, a reality television personality, a producer and an actor. He is one of the most respected and recognized figures in the paranormal community and has inspired many people with his passion and dedication. He continues to explore the unknown and share his findings with the world through his media appearances and social media platforms.
Steve Gonsalves became interested in law enforcement at a young age and pursued his dream of becoming a police officer. He worked as a patrol officer for several years in Massachusetts before he decided to focus on his other passions.
Steve Gonsalves was also passionate about music. He learned to play the drums when he was a teenager and joined a band called Perpetual Doom with his friend Phil Labonte, who later became the vocalist of All That Remains. The band played heavy metal music and performed at local venues. Steve Gonsalves still enjoys playing the drums as a hobby and sometimes posts videos of his drumming skills on his social media accounts.
Steve Gonsalves was fascinated by the paranormal since he was a teenager. He started investigating haunted locations and formed his own team of paranormal researchers before he turned 20. He met Jason Hawes, the founder of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS), and joined his group as a lead investigator. He also became the co-founder of the TAPS Paramagazine, the wildly popular paranormal magazine that covers topics such as ghosts, UFOs, cryptozoology, and more.
Reality Television Personality
Steve Gonsalves rose to fame as a main cast member of Ghost Hunters, the long-running reality TV series that follows the TAPS team as they investigate paranormal phenomena across the United States and abroad. The show premiered in 2004 on Syfy and ran for 12 seasons until 2016. He left the show in 2016 after 11 seasons and started working on solo projects, such as a documentary called Haunting on Finn Road: The Devil’s Grove. In 2019, he reunited with his former Ghost Hunters colleagues Jason Hawes and Dave Tango to create a new TV series called Ghost Nation. The series aired on the Travel Channel and follows the trio as they investigate cases that are too complex for normal ghost hunters.
In 2021, after a hiatus of five years, Gonsalves reunited with his original TAPS colleagues Jason Hawes and Dave Tango, as well as Shari DeBenedetti, for a new season of Ghost Hunters on Discovery+. According to IMDB Gonsalves has appeared in 220 episodes of Ghost Hunters from 2004 to 2023.
Steve Gonsalves also appeared in other reality TV shows related to the paranormal. He was a part of Ghost Hunters Live, a special live broadcast of Ghost Hunters that aired on Halloween night. He was also a mentor and instructor on Ghost Hunters Academy, a spin-off series that featured aspiring paranormal investigators competing for a spot on the TAPS team. He also guest-starred on Destination Truth, another Syfy show that explored unexplained mysteries around the world.
Steve Gonsalves is not only a reality TV star, but also a producer. He has produced several documentaries and films related to the paranormal, such as The House in Between (2020), The House in Between 2 (2022), and Ghost Nation (2019-2021).
Steve Gonsalves has written a book titled A Life with Ghosts: True, Terrifying, and Insightful Tales from My Favorite Paranormal Cases. In this book, he shares his personal experiences and insights from his decades-long career in the field of ghost hunting. He also reveals some of the secrets and techniques he uses to communicate with the spirits of the dead.
Steve Gonsalves has gained fame and fortune for his involvement in various shows related to ghost hunting and supernatural phenomena. He has an estimated net worth to be around $1.5 M USD as of 2023. His main source of income is his career in the entertainment industry, especially his role as a co-lead investigator on the Syfy reality TV series Ghost Hunters since 2004. He also earns money from other TV appearances. Additionally, he has a background as a former police officer, a film producer, a businessperson, and a drummer, which may have contributed to his wealth. Steve Gonsalves is one of the most successful and influential figures in the field of paranormal investigation. He has amassed a loyal fan base and a considerable net worth through his passion and dedication.
Steve Gonsalves has been very secretive about his personal life and relationship status. Many fans are curious to know if he is married or dating a girlfriend. Here is what we know so far.
However, Steve has mentioned a girlfriend in his tweets in the past. In 2013, he referred to a woman named Alyce Haynes as his girlfriend. It was rumored that they had been dating since high school and had a long-term relationship. However, it seems that they have broken up since 2014, as Steve has not mentioned her again in his tweets or elsewhere.
As far as we know, Steve Gonsalves does not have any children either. He seems to be focused on his career and his passion for paranormal investigation. He has visited over 1,000 haunted locations and has produced several documentaries and films about them.
Here are trivia facts about Steve Gonsalves that you might not know:
- He was born on October 23, 1975 in New Bedford, Massachusetts.
- He is a former police officer and worked as a patrolman.
- He was the drummer in the band Perpetual Doom with All That Remains vocalist Phil Labonte.
- He has a fear of flying, spiders, and things that crawl.
- He is a co-founder of the TAPS Paramagazine, a popular paranormal magazine.
- He is a tattoo enthusiast and has many tattoos inspired by horror movies.
- He is very close to his family and often visits his parents and siblings in Massachusetts.
- He is very private about his personal life and does not share much information about his dating history or relationships.
- He is active on social media and has over 250,000 followers on Twitter and over 107,000 followers on Instagram.
- He often interacts with his fans online and posts updates about his paranormal investigations and travels.
- He also hosts live Q&A sessions on his social media platforms and answers questions from his fans about the paranormal and other topics.
- He is very passionate about animal rights and supports various animal welfare organizations.
- He is also involved in several charitable causes and participates in various events.
- He loves to travel and has visited many countries around the world such as England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Italy, Germany, Romania, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, India, Egypt, Peru, Mexico, Canada, and more.
- He enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking, skiing, snowboarding, and golfing.
- He likes to read books on various topics such as history, science, philosophy, psychology, religion, spirituality, and fiction.
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’