Nearly three minutes of footage shows Penny, 24, on the floor of a subway vehicle as Neely, 30, holds her in a chokehold. According to passenger reports, Neely displayed unusual behavior on the train, screaming his hunger and exhaustion, but luckily he didn’t harm anyone.
The New York City Medical Examiner’s Office determined Neely’s death to be murder. CBS New York claimed that after questioning Penny, the police let her go without pressing charges.
Penny’s lawyers claimed in the days after Neely’s death that their client had been “aggressively threatened” by Neely and that Penny and the other passengers had “acted in self-defense”.
Thomas Kenniff and Steven Raiser said in a May 5 statement that “Daniel never meant to hurt Mr. Neely and could not have predicted his sad death.”
Neely’s family lawyers argued for a prison sentence for Penny.
Lennon Edwards and Donte Mills said in a May 8 statement that “he never sought to help her at all.” There have been protests for days demanding justice for Neely because of the case.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth