The number of single-day COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra rose by 246 in the past 24 hours to reach 788 on Sunday with one death, according to state health department data.
The new additions brought the cumulative number of cases in the state to 81,49,929 and the death toll to 1,48,459.
Maharashtra reported 926 COVID-19 cases and three deaths on Friday and 542 on Saturday.
The city of Mumbai recorded 211 new cases on Sunday, making it the sixth consecutive day the city has recorded more than 200 infections.
The only death from complications related to COVID-19 was reported in Ratnagiri district under Kolhapur Cercle, a health department official said.
With 560 patients recovering from coronavirus infection in the past 24 hours, the total number of recoveries has risen to 79,96,883, leaving the state with 4,587 active cases, according to a health department bulletin.
The death rate from COVID-19 in Maharashtra is 1.82%, while the recovery rate is 98.12%.
As many as 10,059 swab samples have been tested in the state in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of tests performed so far to 8,67,04,363, the bulletin said.
Maharashtra COVID-19 figures for the day: New cases: 788, Deaths: 1; Active cases: 4,587, tests: 10,059.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth