A woman pleaded guilty Monday to attempted assault for dozing her one-year-old daughter with a flammable liquid to set the child on fire, according to the Finger Lakes Times.
Lisbeth Collado has previously been charged with her husband Jamie Avery Jr. for attempted aggravated murder, attempted second degree murder, second degree arson, attempted second degree arson, attempted first degree assault and two counts of endangering the well-being of a child.
Avery reportedly pleaded guilty to attempted assault in December, but is trying to withdraw his plea. A hearing in that case is set for Friday. Authorities say he and Collado worked together to attempt to set fire to their daughter on May 3, 2022, at Love’s Travel Shops in Tyr, New York.
Deputies, police and firefighters responded after multiple 911 calls about several small fires inside the building. The flames were reportedly extinguished quickly. Police also said they found the couple’s young son in a nearby tractor-trailer. (Reports differ on his age: 3 or 4.) Deputies broke into the locked truck to find the boy with head injuries, they said. Authorities at the time reportedly said the children needed to make a full recovery. The motive for the arson attempt is unclear, investigators said.
Collado is expected to be sentenced on May 10 to nine years in prison and five years of parole.
Do you have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree