Keith Colburn is a real-life daredevil who is well known for his work in the TV series, Deadliest Catch. The 60-year-old has appeared in several iterations of the hit show Deadliest Catch including spinoffs Deadliest Catch: After The Bait and Deadliest Catch: The Bait. The exploits of Colburn throughout the series are legendary and the show does a perfect job of maximizing the thrill. Keith is a first-generation crabber who captains the ship fishing vessel Wizard. Keith’s profile on the official page of Discovery channel reads, “A first-generation crabber, Keith fishes with a chip on his shoulder, and the stakes — both personal and professional — are now higher than ever.” In this article, we will bring everything to know about this television personality.
Captain Keith Colburn is an American fisherman and a captain of the F/V Wizard, which is featured on Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch. He is also an entrepreneur, chef, speaker and safety advocate. In 2014, he testified before the U.S. Senate about the effects of government shutdowns on the fishing industry. He advocated for more funding and research for sustainable fisheries management.
Keith Colburn was born in California, United States on March 10, 1963. He is the son of Gary Clark Colburn. He was raised alongside his brother Monte Colburn. Keith attended North Tahoe High School.
Keith worked at a French restaurant from the age of 14, and he had risen to the rank of sous-chef by the time he was 21. Living in Lake Tahoe, he enjoyed skiing and hanging out with his friends. His original goal was to become a chef, but he changed his mind after hearing about the possibilities of big money in Alaskan crab fishing from a guy in high school.
He decided to catch a plane up to Kodiak, Alaska, in 1985, at the age of 22, and try his luck in the modern-day Wild West of fishing. He had no experience or family ties to the industry, but he managed to get a spot on the Alaska Trader as a greenhorn. He said that his cooking skills helped him stay on the boat, as he had to prepare meals for the crew in rough seas and tight schedules.
He started his fishing career in 1985, at the age of 22, as a greenhorn on the Alaska Trader, a 135-foot crabber/tender vessel. He joined the Wizard as a deckhand in 1988 and became a full-share crew member in three years. He worked his way up to relief captain and then co-captain with Lenny Lekanoff. Keith earned his captain’s license in 1992.
Keith Colburn bought the Wizard from John Jorgensen in 2005 and became the owner and captain. He hired his brother Monte Colburn as his co-captain and relief skipper. Keith was silently making strides in crab Fishing aboard the vessel “Wizard” and while the reality Television show “Deadliest Catch” was already on the roll and making a name for one of a kind. It was later showrunners asked Keith to join the show. Keith made his Deadliest Catch during the third season in 2007.
On the show, Keith is known for his fiery temper, his competitive spirit and his high standards. Since the Deadliest Catch debut, Keith has been a regular cast member making 204 appeareances until 2022.
He also appeared on other shows and documentaries related to Deadliest Catch, such as After the Catch, Deadliest Catch: The Bait, Deadliest Catch: Dungeon Cove and Deadliest Catch: Bloodline.
Through his amazing career as a fisherman, Keith has significant wealth. The earning from his television appearances also adds up to his net worth. As of 2023, Keith has a net worth of USD 2 million.
Keith Colburn is active on social media like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Twitter: @crabwizard. He has 111.7K followers and joined in April 2009. He posts about his fishing adventures, his family, his friends, his opinions and his causes.
- Facebook: CaptainKeithColburn. He has 317K followers. He posts about his show, his boat, his crew, his events and his sponsors.
- Instagram: @captainkeithcolburn. He has 54.6K followers and 1,019 posts. He posts photos and videos of his fishing trips, his travels, his hobbies and his personal life.
As a public figure and reality television personality Keith Colburn’s appeareances during different events have been recorded. Some of them are:
- Captain Keith Colburn attended Discovery Upfront at Jazz at Lincoln Center on April 2, 2009, in New York City.
- Captain Keith Colburn was at the 2013 Creative Arts Emmy Awards held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on September 15, 2013, in Los Angeles, California.
- Captain Keith Colburn was seen posing with a fan at Deadliest Catch’s Twitter For Tough Guys during the 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival at Austin Convention Center on March 11, 2013, in Austin, Texas.
- Captain Keith Colburn attended the Discovery Channel’s 30th Anniversary Celebration at The Paley Center for Media on June 23, 2015, in Beverly Hills, California.
- Captain Keith Colburn spoke at onstage during the Deadliest Catch panel as part of the Discovery Communications portion of This is Cable 2016 TCA Press Tour at Langham Hotel on January 7, 2016, in Pasadena, California.
Wife and Kids:
Keith married his long-term girlfriend Florence Colburn in 1987. In the time of togetherness, Florence was a homemaker who doubled down as his business partner. Although she barely got in front of cameras or attend interviews she would jump at the chance to support her husband. She even made a few appearances alongside Keith in the TV show Deadliest Catch. Things were going smoothly until 2014 when the couple filed for a divorce. This came as a shock to fans around the world. It was later disclosed that Keith’s drinking habit was a crux of their divorce. In the years together, the pair gave birth to two children, Caelan Colburn, and Sienna Colburn.
The pair keeps in touch and has maintained a friendly relationship after the divorce. They continue to support and co-parent their children. Both Caelan and Sienna are learning the ropes from their father. Keith is known to be hard on Greenhorn crew members but he has been patient and easing Caelan.
Sienna is sometimes seen joining her father on the fishing expedition however she has not decided to follow in her father’s footsteps. During high school, she was into acting and performed at a school event.
In recent years, Captain Keith Urban has been weighed down by several health issues. A spine infection kept him out of the fishing grounds for both Bairdi and Opilio for the 2017/2018 season. In his absence, his brother Monto took over the helm of F/V Wizard. In 2021, amidst the pandemic, Keith got caught by Covid. Keith spent the first 10 days in quarantine without any kind of medication. Among different physical weaknesses that kicked in with the infection, Keith had bad pneumonia and was later admitted to the hospital. On his eighth day of bed rest from the hospital, on April 7, 2021, Keith posted a video while he was on a nasal cannula. He updated his health condition and suggested taking precautions by getting vaccinated.
Keith has not shared much about the woman in his life since the divorce from his first wife. However, there are suggestions he is in a relationship. Keith is active on his social media pages and has shared pictures alongside Hilary who could actually be his girlfriend. Although the man has not confirmed the relationship publicly there is room for deduction and Hilary could be his beau out of many ladies who have graced his Instagram account.
|Full name||Keith Colburn|
|Age||60 years old|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1963|
|Place of birth||California, United States|
|High School||North Tahoe High School|
|Profession||Television personality, Commercial Fisherman, Captain|
|Net worth||$2 M|
|Wife||Florence Colburn (1987-2014)|
|Children||Caelan Colburn, Sienna Colburn|
|Parents||Gary Clark Colburn|
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree