What a beautiful speech. Good to see the vice president there, standing up for the things and people that matter. Via HuffPost:
On Friday, Vice President Kamala Harris delivered a fiery speech that underscored the meaning of democracy as she defended the actions of the “Tennessee Three,” Democratic lawmakers who faced expulsion from the government-controlled State House. GOP for participating in a protest against gun violence.
Harris’ speech at Fisk University in Nashville followed votes at State House on Thursday that ousted two black state officials, Justin Jones and Justin Pearson, for leading protesters in chants on the floor of the Bedroom. But the third Democrat, state Rep. Gloria Johnson, who is white and also participated in the protests, retained her seat by a single vote.
Harris said Friday that the State House law “did not affect the three” Democrats. “It’s about what voices they were channeling. Understand that.”
“And isn’t that what a democracy allows?” Democracy says, “You don’t silence the people. You don’t suffocate the people. You don’t turn their microphones off when they talk about the importance of life and freedom.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth