Joe Montana added a little twist when it comes to setting a GOAT debate. The San Francisco 49ers legendary quarterback made a distinction when it comes to the “greatest” and the “best” players. During a recent interview with Men’s Health, Montana said when talking about the “greatest” quarterback ever, career achievements are taken into consideration. The “best” is strictly based on talent. Montana then went on to say that neither he nor Tom Brady is the best quarterback in NFL history.
Joe Montana was arguably the best quarterback of his era. The eight-time Pro Bowler led the 49ers to four Super Bowl titles, creating a football dynasty in San Francisco.
Montana led the NFL in completion percentage five times. During the 1989 season, he completed 70.2% of his passes and won the first of his two straight MVPs. While his stats won’t compare to many of the top quarterbacks today, Montana played during a time when QBs weren’t slinging the ball like they do now. To put Montana’s numbers in perspective, he had two seasons when he threw more than 500 passes in a season. Drew Brees threw more than 600 passes in a season nine times.
Montana went 117-47 during the regular season in his NFL career. In the postseason, he went 16-7.
While Montana proved he could pick apart defenses, he also showed he was sneakily elusive. He rushed for 1,676 yards in his career and had a career-high 61 rushes during the 1983 season.
Montana always finds himself in the GOAT conversations, but lately has been overshadowed by Tom Brady, who won seven Super Bowls. Brady, who threw 700-plus passes in his last two NFL seasons, led the league in passing yardage four times and was a 15-time Pro Bowler.
Montana doesn’t consider himself or Brady the best NFL quarterback ever
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing