Leigh McGowan, aka Politics Girl, reflects on what happened to the ill-fated Titan submarine. She points out that it was greed, arrogance and ignorance of regulations that drove the owner and captain to shoot down the sub, despite all sorts of warnings and red flags. In other words, it was capitalism. Owner Stockton Rush took dangerous shortcuts, worked around regulations and common sense, and thought he knew better than anyone. In reality, all he saw were the big payouts he expected. Rush paid the ultimate price for his greed. Unfortunately, it also took the lives of four other people.
Leigh is right. There are certainly lessons to be learned here.
Open the thread below….
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing