Donald, we found your voter fraud. A Shaker Heights, Ohio attorney who donated to former President Donald Trump’s campaign is in trouble. James Saunders was convicted Tuesday of election fraud after voting twice in the last two general elections. Prosecutors said that Saunders, 56, voted twice in Ohio and Florida for the 2020 and 2022 general elections. He’s been a busy guy.
Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Andrew Santoli ordered sheriff’s deputies to take James Saunders straight to county jail after finding the 56-year-old guilty of two counts of illegal voting, a fourth-degree felony.
This isn’t his first rodeo:
The judge noted that voting records from both states show Saunders also illegally voted twice in the 2014 and 2016 general elections. Prosecutors could not charge him for those votes because the statute of limitations had passed.
Saunders faces any from probation to three years in prison.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael O’Malley said after the hearing that Saunders’ case is the only instance of a person actually voting twice in Cuyahoga County in several years.
“It appears [Saunders] felt he was smarter than the system,” O’Malley said. “He was wrong.”
Once again, this proves that the system works. But not entirely. We’ll see what happens when he’s sentenced.
Something tells me it won’t be the same as what happened to Crystal Mason, a Black woman in Texas, who said she didn’t know she was ineligible to vote when she cast a provisional ballot in 2016. Still, she was sentenced to five years in prison.
- Bless This TV Series’ Beautiful, Bonkers Twists
- Fraudulent Forms Frenzy: Michigan Officials Seek FBI Help in 2020 Voter Registration Investigation | Wayne Dupree
- Keith Thompson Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WWMT-TV, and Net Worth
- Body Language Expert Notices Meghan Markle Become ‘Nervous’ When She Wasn’t Getting Prince Harry’s Full Attention and Had to ‘Take a Backseat’
- The Project stars poke fun at their own network after sharing footage of a woman snubbing a Channel 10 reporter ‘because they’re not from Channel Seven’