Although you may have identified your face shape as narrower or oblong, you may be wondering what exactly that means. Essentially, oblong faces, sometimes called oval-shaped, are longer than they are wide, lending themselves to narrower cheekbones, chins, and foreheads.
For reference, Sarah Jessica Parker, Liv Tyler, Kelley Rowland, and Leona Lewis are all examples of celebrities with oblong faces and narrower features. Not everyone with an oblong or oval face shape will necessarily have narrow features, as Blake Lively and Sandra Oh have oval-shaped faces with no cheekbones or particularly narrow chins.
When it comes to the importance of face shape, board-certified plastic surgeon David Shafer, MD, FACS, tells Real Simple that “knowing and understanding your face shape can be important for a number of reasons—[like] when choosing a hairstyle, choosing sunglasses, styling your eyebrows or applying makeup… It also allows you to play with dimension and know which parts of your face you want to emphasize or minimize.
Origin of message: The list
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth