A life-threatening injury was sustained by the rear passenger of the victim vehicle, according to state police, who was shot and sent to a nearby hospital.
The Cook County Jail is holding Mills, of Evergreen Park, Illinois, without bail, documents show.
More than seven years ago, Obama pardoned Mills. Mills was convicted of multiple cocaine trafficking charges in 1994 and received a life sentence. In 2015, Obama shortened his sentence, which ended in 2016. Several notable Democratic senators praised Mills as a prime example of a reformed criminal after his release from incarceration.
In 2016, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) posted a photo of herself and Alton Mills on Facebook. His caption poignantly juxtaposes the treatment of drug dealers versus white-collar criminals. The former are often sentenced to heavy prison terms; the latter, derisory fines. Warren advocates for change and improvement in our criminal justice system and drug enforcement procedures, which too often leave lives and communities destroyed.
After his release, Alton Mills worked as a mechanic for the Chicago Transit Authority. He married and began pursuing an associate’s degree. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), revealed this during his legislative speech in 2018. Mills had been sentenced to life in prison and died there without grace, according to Durbin.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree