According to former President Dmitry Medvedev, Russians should download free movies, music and other media from Western entertainment companies that pulled out of the country due to the conflict in Ukraine.
Major players in the film industry, such as Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, Paramount and Sony, as well as streaming services such as Netflix, Spotify, Megogo and Amazon Prime Video, have all stopped or delayed their operations in Russia during of last year.
What do you know? When asked how to acquire foreign-produced information that is now banned in Russia due to sanctions, Medvedev told media on Saturday: “Find legitimate pirates and download anything from them.”
We’ll just download everything and use it for free if Netflix and the rest let us down. In order to cause the most harm, I would also simply post it everywhere online. The greatest evil to bankrupt them.
Although when many around him were reminded that information could be easily uploaded online, Medvedev, who is currently deputy chairman of the Russian Security Council, claimed that as a legal expert he had always had a bad attitude towards piracy and preferred to pay too much. for content.
Yet, for now, I’m managing things in accordance with the adage “you got what you asked for”. Let them go bankrupt,” he said.
A recent discussion between the Russian government and foreign content producers about losing some of their non-property rights in the country was also mentioned by Medvedev.
The ex-president noted Netflix, which left Russia in April and lost 700,000 members. Shares of the streaming platform fell 37% following the first drop in user base in more than a decade, which resulted in a staggering $40 billion loss in market value.
In May, Disney calculated that shutting down the Disney Channel in Russia alone was costing the company $195 million.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing