Fernanda Maciel is brazilian runner. She has become one of the most experienced ultrarunners in the world. She is famous for being the first woman to climb the entire Aconcagua mountain in Argentina, the highest peak in South America. She became the first woman to run the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, covering 860 km in 10 days, in 2012. She also became the first woman to climb America’s highest mountain, Aconcagua. In 2017, she set a women’s record on Mount Kilimanjaro, as part of her goal to record the fastest known time on each of the seven peaks.
Fernanda Maciel grew up competing in high-level gymnastics, then became a capoeira fighter and Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion. She now uses that courage to win ultraraces and set speed records on the highest mountains in the world. An ultra-trail specialist, she notably won the Ultra-Trail de Lavaredo in 2011 and the Transgrancanaria in 2012. She also finished second in the Ultra-Trail World Tour 2014 with 577 points. She has been named the best Brazilian runner and athlete by numerous publications.
Where is Fernanda Maciel from?
Fernanda Maciel was born on January 24, 1980. She is from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. Fernanda is Brazilian-Spanish in regards to her nationality while her ethnicity is Brazilian-Latino. The runner celebrated her 43rd birthday in 2023. Her gene pool is not that of ultrarunners or climbers, but their athletic background comes from the world of martial arts. His grandfather was a jiu-jitsu champion while his father became a capoeira master. However, his family had to hold Grandpa back when it came to martial arts later in life. She added: “My grandfather tried to get back into fighting at 75, but it was too dangerous!” Initially, she trained as a gymnast and competed in major competitions at the age of 10. She then switched to running at the age of 15.
When Maciel was still in school, she decided to put on her running shoes as the best way to get to class. She explained: “It was faster than taking the bus and I didn’t want to ask my dad for money for the bus! So I went there and ran back to my house. It’s built on the hills so it was up and down – it was tough, very steep.”
Fernanda Maciel career timeline
- Before devoting herself full-time to ultrarunning, Fernanda Maciel worked in the legal field, focusing on the environment in her native Brazil. About that old job, she said, “I don’t miss it because I chose to quit my job as a lawyer. When you work for the state and the country, you realize there’s has a lot of politics involved, so much bureaucratic stuff.”
- Fernanda won the Everest Trail Race in 2013 and between 2009 and 2015 she won four The North Face ultraraces in France, Italy, Japan and Brazil.
- On a previous Matterhorn attempt, the conditions were so bad that her eyelids were frozen and she feared going blind. Recalling the moment, she said: “I couldn’t open my eyes and I was alone for three days in this hospital bed. I was in this hospital where no one spoke English. But on the second day, an Italian nurse and I could talk and she took my cell phone to call a friend and explain that I was there This time I thought I was going blind – scariest moment of my life in this hospital .
- She became the first woman to run the Camino de Santiago de Compostela, covering 860 km in 10 days, in 2012. She also became the first woman to climb America’s highest mountain, Aconcagua.
- She came second in the 2014 Ultra Trail World Tour.
- She has been on the Ultra-Trail du Mont Blanc podium four times, finished in the top 5 of the Sky Running World Championships in 2017, as well as on the Ultra-Trail World Tour 2017.
- On May 12, 2018, she ran 108 km in Penyagolosa Trails; on March 22, 2019, she ran 128 Km in the Transgrancanaria in Spain.
- His personal project, White Flow, documents a series of iconic races that promote environmental and social issues around the world.
- She appeared in the 2016 film “Aconcagua: a new chance“. The film follows ultra-marathoner Fernanda Maciel as she travels to Argentina and attempts to become the first woman to climb and descend South America’s tallest mountain, Aconcagua (6962m/23,000ft). , in less than a day.
Dossiers and achievements of Fernanda Maciel
- 1st, Penyagolosa Ultra Trail World Tour, 2017
- 2nd Ultra Trail World Tour 2014 World Cup
- 5th Sky Running World Championship 2016
- 1st, The North Face Endurance Challenge Brazil 2015
- 1st The North Face Ultra Trail Mount Fuji 2016
- 2nd, The North Face Ultra Trail Mount Fuji 2015
- 1st, The North Face TDS Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc 2009
- 1st, The North Face Lavaredo Ultra Trail 2011
- 1st, The North Face Transgrancanaria 2012
- 1st, Everest Trail Race 2013
- 4th, Ultra Trail of Mont Blanc 2014
Is Fernanda Maciel married?
Fernanda Maciel appears to be single when it comes to her marital status. Moreover, she did not mention or reveal anything regarding her affairs and her relationship with the media. Browsing through her Instagram profile, there are no photos that could be suspected of being her husband/boyfriend. Her Instagram is filled with her professional career and she is completely focused on her career rather than a relationship. She is sexually straight.
Fernanda Maciel has no children with any man. She has not yet become the biological mother of her child. According to her website, she currently resides in Coll de Nargó, Spain.
What is Fernanda Maciel net worth?
Fernanda Maciel is a successful runner who has accumulated a decent amount of money through her professional career. She earns an annual income of around $500,000 while her main source of wealth comes from her racing career.
Fernanda Maciel has an estimated net worth of $1 million from 2023. She has also worked as an ambassador for Red Bull, The North Face, Compressport, Oakley and Etixx. However, she currently leads a modest life.
How tall is Fernanda Maciel?
Fernanda Maciel is a beautiful woman with an attractive body personality. As a runner, Fernanda has maintained her body a lot. She also has tattoos inked on her body. She spends around four hours a day working out, road cycling and running, and also works as a nutritionist at her company Run Sports Nutrition. She has not watched television since 2005 and meditates regularly, occasionally participating in 10-day silent retreats.
Fernanda Maciel stands at the perfect height of 5ft 2in. She has a very charming smile which attracts many people to her. She has brown eye color while her hair color is blonde. She has a healthy body and she maintains her body a lot. His body type is athletic.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree