Any idea of a Republican ticket for 2024 with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis as the running mate has been all but shelved by former President Donald Trump.
DeSantis hasn’t declared his candidacy for president in 2024 like Trump did, but many expect him to. The governor was asked if he would ever consider becoming Trump’s vice president, if at all, during his Newsmax interview on Thursday afternoon.
DeSantis shot back, “I think I’m probably more of an executive type. “I believe you want to have the ability to do things. That’s one of the reasons I took this job—because there’s activity here. We can do things, and I think that’s probably my strength.
Trump told Newsmax on Friday that it was “extremely unlikely” he would ask DeSantis to become his vice president.
Host Rob Schmitt asked Trump, “Has that ever been an option for you?”
No, he replied, “I never thought of that.” “I believe the Republican Party has a lot of wonderful members. I never thought of that. But, you know, sometimes a few people can talk about it, but that’s about it. No, I believe this coalition is quite implausible.
After promoting DeSantis to his current position in 2018, Trump again claimed responsibility for his rise in the GOP.
Hey, I hired him,” he continued. In the polls, he was doing poorly. He had given up politics. I gave him my support even though he planned to leave politics. .
The former president once again slammed DeSantis for previously supporting raising the Social Security eligibility age.
Trump continued, “If you look at his voting record, he can’t win because he voted against Social Security.” He voted against vital issues. He voted no on Medicare. He wanted to dramatically raise the age of eligibility for Social Security benefits.
DeSantis is a follower of former House Speaker Paul Ryan, according to Trump, which is hardly a compliment in conservative politics today.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing