Dogecoin fell 9% as some Twitter users began to see their home buttons on the social media platform revert to its iconic blue bird logo after days of being replaced by the dog meme associated with cryptocurrency.
Since Monday, Twitter users have seen a cartoon of the Shiba-Inu which is the visual representation of the Doge meme in the top left corner of the social media service’s homepage.
Twitter owner Elon Musk has long been a supporter of Dogecoin, a cryptocurrency created as a joke in 2013, with the currency being accepted as payment for goods at Tesla Inc., another company he runs .
Twitter did not respond to a question from Bloomberg about restoring its bird logo.
Dogecoin fell to 8.4 cents, from the high of 10.5 cents it hit on Monday after Twitter changed the logo.
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth