The man accused of shooting three people dead and injuring six others at a California bar on Wednesday night has been identified as John Snowling, a retired cop, authorities said Thursday.
Snowling, a 59-year-old former cop in Ventura, died in a shootout with law enforcement after he unleashed what witnesses described as over “100 rounds” at the Cook’s Corner bar, a popular hangout for bikers in Orange County—about 120 miles from where Snowling was once an officer.
Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer identified Snowling in a Thursday morning press conference. He did not say what Snowling’s motive was, but law enforcement sources told The Los Angeles Times that he was targeting his estranged wife, Marie Snowling, who was reportedly shot in the lower jaw but survived.
Records show that Marie filed for divorce in December. Her father, William Mosby, told the Los Angeles Daily News that Snowling was a “crazy husband” who was not taking the divorce well.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing