An American comedian, writer, and actor, Colin Jost received the spotlight as the staff writer for the NBC comedy series Saturday Night Live. He joined SNL in 2005 and has also worked with Weekend Update as a co-anchor since 2014.
Besides, Colin is also popular as the husband of Hollywood actress, Scarlett Johanson. He appeared as a writer and even played the role of Officer Greg Callahan in the movie, Staten Island Summer.
Early Life of Colin Jost
Colin Jost was born Colin Kelly Jost on June 29, 1982, in Staten Island, New York, in the United States of America. This makes him 40 years old now and his birth sign is Cancer. Colin celebrates his birthday every June 29 with his friends and family. Jost was born to Daniel A. Jost (father) and Kerry J. Kelly (mother). His father was chief medical officer and his mother was a former teacher.
Casey Jost is his younger brother who is a writer and a producer. Colin’s paternal grandparents are John Adam Jost and Barbara Louise Gates while William M. Kelly, Jr, and Helen Neville are his maternal grandparents. Jost holds American nationality and belongs to mixed (Irish, German, English) ethnic background. He has faith and belief in the Roma Catholic religion.
Jost studied at Regis High School and graduated in 2000 with a major in history and literature. He graduated receiving a degree in Russian literature and British literature from Harvard University in 2004. His thesis was related to Vladimir Nabokov.
Colin is married to a Hollywood actress and model, Scarlett Johansson. In 2006, they met each other for the very first time at the show. Scarlett made their relationship rumor by appearing on the final season of SNL on May 20, 2017. Then, they started dating secretly and appeared as a couple at the American Museum of Natural History Gala in New York City in November 2017.
In May 2019, they got engaged and Colin gave her an 11-carat engagement ring worth $450k. They finally exchanged wedding vows amid the COVID-19 pandemic with only a few people on October 29, 2020. They gave birth to their son, Cosmo Jost in August 2021. Colin named his son named after a flower and is also raising Scarlet’s daughter, Rose Dauriac.
In an interview with CBS Mornings, Scarlett revealed the secret of her happy married life saying:
“We laugh a lot and we always, you know, we communicate with one another and check in. I’m married to a writer, he’s a comedy writer [and] he can get very in his head sometimes. He’s sort of introverted ― I’m extroverted, obviously ― and so I think the key for us is just always checking in.”
Past Relationships of Colin Jost
He dated Rashida Jones from 2013 to 2016. Rashida is an actress by profession. He was also in a relationship with an actress, Katherine Schwarzenegger for some time.
Colin Jost’s Net Worth
As of 2023, Jost has an estimated net worth of $10 million which he earned from his professional career. He earns $25k per episode of SNL and $525k per season. His wife, Scarlett is an actress and has a net worth of $165 million. She earns $10 million to $20 million per film and endorsement.
In 2015, he paid $2.14 million for a mansion in Montauk. It covers an area of 1.2 acres along with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. He is endorsed by the brand, CoverGirl cosmetics.
Colin Bought the Staten Island Ferry while Sober
Colin and Pete Davidson bought Staten Island Ferry during the auction at $280,100. They were very sober and ended up buying the ferry and are still figuring out what to do with that. The headlines of the media were like this:
“Pete Davidson and Colin Jost were ‘very stoned’ when they bought Staten Island ferry,”
Colin posted a reply to Venture saying:
“Is it worse that I was actually stone-cold sober when we bought the ferry? We’re excited to prove the non-believers wrong. You’re going to be BEGGING to get on this ferry in two years. Mark my words.”
The Truth About Colin Jost And Michael Che’s Friendship
Colin and Micahel are very good friends personally and professionally. They maintain their relationship strong by pranking each other. Colin said that they share each other jokes but only read in front of the camera and their reaction are 100 percent genuine. He revealed their friendship in an interview with Collider:
“I’m seeing all of them for the first time on air. It’s really a pretty terrifying moment. It’s thrilling, in a way, but also terrifying.I don’t know any other moment like that, really, where you’re going to be on record on live television, and not know what you’re going to say — and you feel compelled to say whatever you see,”
The Journey of Colin Jost’s Career
- He received the title of The Weakest Link in the Harvard University edition.
- After being hired by NBC’s Saturday Night Live, he started working as a writer in 2005.
- Colin worked as a writing supervisor for SNL from 2009 to 2012.
- He appeared as a co-anchor for the show, Weekend Update in 2014.
- He even wrote an article for The New Yorker Magazine.
- Colin is serving as a writer for magazines like Radar, The Huffington Post, The New York Times Magazine, and Staten Island Advance.
- He worked with the movie, Staten Island Summer as a screenwriter.
- He did standup comedy on the set of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- Colin helped in the recording of Liam McEneaney‘s album in January 2016.
- He became associated with an advertising campaign for Izod along with Aaron Rodgers a Green Bay Packers quarterback.
Movies & Tv Shows
Besides comedy, he is also an actor and has played in movies like Worst Man, Staten Island Summer, How to Be Single, Coming 2 America, etc. He appeared in tv shows like Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday, Impractical Jokers: Dinner Party, RuPaul’s Drag Race, That Damn Michael Che, The Kardashians, Kappa Mikey, and so on.
As an author he wrote books like Explaining your Time Warner Bill, A few more bank security questions, Olympic storylines to Watch, Automatic Reply, I will slap you, and A Very Punchable Face: A Memoir Crown.
Awards & Nominations
- He won 5 Emmy Awards and received 26 Emmy nominations for his show, SNL.
- In 2007, he won the Writers Guild of America Award in the nomination for Comedy/Variety for the tv series Saturday Night Live.
- He won Primetime Emmy Award in the criteria of Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series in 2019.
- In 2013, he receives a nomination for Outstanding Writing for his appearance at Variety Special Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday at Primetime Emmy Award.
FAQs of Colin Jost
What is Colin Jost’s Height?
Colin stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches with a body weight of 78kg. 44-32-16 inches is his body measurement He has brown colored hair while his eyes are blue.
What was Colin Jost accused of?
Colin was caused of policing Sarah Squirm’s body hair, sexually harassing her, and refusing to give her money to donate to charity. When she appeared with Colin for discussing the weather of winter, she goes off topic and alleged him.
What disorder does Colin Host have?
He had a speech disorder and couldn’t deliver a normal speech as well. After doing therapy, he is now fine and gives all credit for his career success to his therapist.
Did Colin Jost meet an accident?
Yes, Colin had an accident. On July 4, 2015, when he was visiting his grandmother’s place, he had an accident while surfing. He even had stitches on his face and said:
“I was visiting my grandma, who just turned 99, I jumped off my surfboard to avoid hitting another surfer. He let go of his board and it slammed into my face. Thought I broke my nose because I was bleeding, but I just had a gash.”
- Alicia Roman (NBC 5) Wiki Biography, nationality, kids, husband, salary
- Is Miguel Leon Tyson, Mike Tyson’s Real son?
- Emily Elizabeth In Bedroom Bikini Is ‘The Perfect Woman’
- Republican Debate Viewership Dips: Second Event Draws Only 9.5 Million Audience | Wayne Dupree
- Meet Helen Willink, Ex-SEAL Jocko Willink’s Wife