CHICAGO (WLS) — There have been at least eight people shot dead, including one fatal, in the city since 6 p.m. Friday, Chicago police said.
In the latest fatal shooting, a man was shot dead in Chicago’s Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side.
The male victim was standing in the 2900 block of West Lexington Avenue when he was shot multiple times, Chicago police said. He was later pronounced dead.
No one is in custody for the homicide and area detectives continue to investigate.
Two people were hit by gunfire in the southern district of the city on Friday evening, police said.
The male victims, ages 28 and 40, were in the 4700 block of South Ada Street when they were shot, police said. The 28-year-old victim suffered a scrape on his knee and was taken to hospital in good condition. The 40-year-old victim was shot in the back and taken to a hospital initially reported in critical condition.
No other information was immediately available.
INTERACTIVE SAFETY TRACKER Track crime and safety in your neighborhood
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing