A fatal shooting occurred on Friday afternoon at the Home Depot on Davis Highway in Pensacola, resulting in one person’s death and two others being wounded, as reported by the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office.
The incident, which took place around 1:22 p.m., was initially reported as an active shooter situation.
Upon arriving at the scene, deputies discovered a deceased woman, who seemed to be a contract employee of the Home Depot, according to ECSO Chief Deputy Andrew Hobbs.
Another contracted employee suffered a minor hand injury from a graze, while a third employee experienced a graze to the back, as confirmed by Escambia County Sheriff Chip Simmons.
“We do believe the victim was targeted,” Simmons stated, indicating that the other two individuals were unfortunate casualties of the tragic event.
Keith Eric Agee, a 20-year-old resident of Bay Minette, Alabama, has been apprehended and is presently undergoing questioning.
Court records show Agee was most recently was arrested on Feb. 22 in Mobile on three counts of Domestic Violence, but the charges were later dropped. He was also charged with Domestic Violence in April 2022 in Mobile, and those charged were also dropped.
According to witnesses on the scene, the third-party company Regis was enlisted for inventory duties at the store.
Sgt. Melony Peterson noted that details about the suspect were broadcasted on the radio, leading to Agee contacting the Pensacola Police Department from the Mellow Mushroom on Langley Avenue to surrender himself.
Agee was detained without any complications.
The events leading to the shooting are currently under investigation, and the ECSO has yet to confirm if Agee was associated with Regis as an employee.
The area where the incident occurred will be secured while law enforcement continues their presence.
Drivers are advised to steer clear of Davis Highway and Brent Lane in proximity to the Home Depot.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing