A congenital heart defect likely caused Bronny James to go into cardiac arrest last month during a basketball workout, a family spokesperson said in a statement Friday.
“It is an anatomically and functionally significant Congenital Heart Defect which can and will be treated,” read the statement issued by Stephanie Rosa of the LeBron James Family Foundation to the Associated Press.
“We are very confident in Bronny’s full recovery and return to basketball in the very near future,” the statement continued.
Related Story: Bronny James Released From Hospital After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Bronny, 18, is the son of Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James and wife Savannah James.
The University of Southern California freshman was preparing for his first season with the Trojans basketball team when he lost consciousness during practice at USC’s Galen Center on July 24.
He was transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and treated in the intensive care unit. The hospital released him on July 27, and he returned home.
Doctors were able to identify the condition after Bronny underwent additional evaluations at the Mayo Clinic and Atlantic Health/Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey.
USC recruited Bronny from Sierra Canyon High School, a private college prep school in Chatsworth, California (just north of Los Angeles).
The teen was one of the top high school prospects, and became the “first one out of the James gang to go to college,” his proud father has previously said.
- Millionaire Gianluca Vacchi wiki, bio, net worth, height, wife, girlfriend, daughter.
- Rubio to outlaw migrants with CCP ties from receiving asylum in new bill
- NHS strikes see man’s life-changing op cancelled TWICE
- Who’s Carlos Vela’s ex-girlfriend, actress Altair Jarabo from “Por amar sin ley”? Wiki
- How police pointed finger at WRONG suspect over Jill Dando murder: Detective tells new documentary wrongly convicted Barry George ‘fit the category’ of ‘infatuated, obsessed, loner, psychopath’ cops thought was behind killing