Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is to go to jail for spending Rs 45 crore on renovations to his official residence, opposition leader Ramvir Singh Bidhuri said today.
Ramvis Singh Bidhuri was addressing protesters who gathered outside Mr Kejriwal’s home for the BJP dharna, which entered on the second day of Ruesday.
The BJP launched an indefinite dharna near Mr Kejriwal’s official residence on Monday following a controversy over the Rs 45 crore renovation.
Mr Bidhuri said the Chief Minister was entitled to Rs 15 lakh for the beautification of his official residence. Instead, Mr Kejriwal spent Rs 45 crore.
“BJP workers will not rest until Kejriwal is in Tihar jail,” he added.
Alleging there was a “swindle” in spending, the BJP also demanded Mr Kejriwal’s resignation.
Mr Bidhuri said the “misdeeds” of Mr Kejriwal and the AAP have been exposed before the people of Delhi and he will be removed from office in 2025.
The BJP will form the government in Delhi after the assembly elections, he claimed.
AAP leaders said the BJP attack on Mr Kejriwal was an attempt to divert attention from the real problems facing the country under the central government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
- Mitch Blacher ABC7, NBC10, Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Height, Salary
- I don’t like the way Olamide and Asake top the leaderboard – Odumodublvck
- Aritzia doesn’t have private mirrors in its dressing rooms, and a lot of people don’t like it
- Rosemary Connors NBC, Bio, Age, Twin Brother, Husband, Baby
- John Farley Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, WOLO-TV, Wife, Salary, and Net Worth