Lil Uzi Vert couldn’t play on Saturday Night Live last weekend because of the writers’ strike, but they may have just gotten something better – a Beyoncé tribute.
The Grammy-winning “Cuff It” singer kicked off her “Renaissance World Tour” on Wednesday in Stockholm, Sweden, and gave a nod to Lil Uzi Vert by performing a version of the dance “Just Wanna Rock” from the rapper.
Wearing sparkly silver pants, paired with a matching long-sleeve shirt and metallic bra top, Beyoncé and her backup crew did a speedy version of the popular dance during a mashup of “Just Wanna Rock.” and her single “Diva”.
The crowd went wild and started singing along to the lyrics of Uzi’s club anthem.
BEYONCÉ LIL UZI STAN! pic.twitter.com/1ikLDeN9ip
– love (@msbeys) May 10, 2023
Related story: WGA Black Writers to Studios and Streamers: “B–ch Betta Have My Money”
According USA todayQueen Bey performed in front of 46,000 enthusiastic fans.
The three-hour show’s set list included “Crazy in Love”, “Love on Top” and “Formation”, as well as “Church Girl”, “Naughty Girl” and “Break My Soul”.
The 56-date tour will arrive in the United States on July 12, with a stopover in Philadelphia, after a series of performances in Europe and Canada.
As for Lil Uzi Vert, they will likely be re-booked on SNL next season once the Writers Guild of America strike is over.
The walkout over pay, streaming residuals and the use of artificial intelligence in writing projects began May 2, after contract talks with major studios and streaming services broke down.
Check out the video of Beyoncé performing above and Lil Uzi Vert below.
- Terrifying moment the plane door opens in the air as the traveler grabs the emergency exit lever
- B2K Singer Raz B Shown In Disturbing Hospital Rooftop Video
- Ivory Hecker Bio, Age, Height, Family, Husband, Ivory Media LLC
- Ted Lasso season 3 episode 12 release date: when is it coming out?
- Trump leads GOP primary polls in early 2024, while voters have mixed feelings for Biden | Quinnipiac | wayne dupree